General Chat

AVFCLaura

I have heard bad things about the machines they use to make McFlurry's. Things to do with the lack of proper cleaning etc...

I've heard similar type stories about the machines they keep bar 'hot nuts' in. But they're too damn tasty to stop eating.

I have heard bad things about the machines they use to make McFlurry's. Things to do with the lack of proper cleaning etc...

I've heard similar type stories about the machines they keep bar 'hot nuts' in. But they're too damn tasty to stop eating.

Such stories exist all over the place though. I worked for a big chocolate producer who didn't cease production when they had a rat infestation. I also did some work at a fizzy-drinks plant and the pipes they used to transport the syrup concentrate around to the bottling machine was replaced every few months because the syrup corroded it so badly (big, thick, steel pipes).

Then there was a friend of mine who worked in a cheese factory. He told me that his job was to collect the F.C. so that they could use it as the main constituent ingredient in the cheese slices (the ones you get on your burger etc). I didn't think anything of it until he pointed out that F.C. stood for Floor Cheese and that "collecting" it basically meant sweeping it up off the floor.

I think if you knew the production processes for most of the things you eat, you'd die pretty quick if you let that knowledge affect you. ;)

That's always been my view.

If something makes me ill and it turns out they had all these dodgy processes then yeh I'd be pissed off.

but if it tastes good and doesn't make me ill, I don't really care how it's made.

I used to work in a factory processing, storing and packing veg and chips. Anyway, there were conveyor belts and things that were cleaned to allow food to be inspected on them. Any food comes off that and it was straight in the bin for animal feed. So not all factories are bad.

My nan used to work for HP in Aston years ago, and would never eat tomato sauce, simply saying she'd seen how it was made. Never told us what it was exactly that had put her off but she'd not touch it.

Someone i know used to work at Morrisons. There was this old lady he couldn't stand that came in the store and asked him for a bag of grapes. He promptly got the grapes from the chiller and wiped as many as poss on his arse.

I knew this woman and she was a bit of a dragon, but not sure she deserved this tbf.

This bloke's now a copper.

Haha. Anyway, went to a house party on Friday night and there was a right wee tart going about with everyone. Felt sorry for her boyfriend, probably because he was a pathetic bastard. He was there, and sat in the corner feeling sorry for himsef.

I asked him what he was playing at and said nothing. I've just found out he said nothing because the jammy git was banging this blonde haired girl behind the tarts back. :D

I won't be back in that flat anyway let me tell you that. Bunch of swingers. >_>

An afternoon of email training, you should check outlook at set times, use prefixes in the subject line, and make sure you signal your intent from the start

FFS

You'd think it would be obvious wouldn't you? Some people really shouldn't be let near any kind of communications device.

By the way, has anyone else had a go at the World Cup predictor? It is quite a cool one and can be found here.

See my signature for one that (if you live in the right countries) could win you some dough (and regardless of where you live, will make someone a donator to VT).

By the way, has anyone else had a go at the World Cup predictor? It is quite a cool one and can be found here.

See my signature for one that (if you live in the right countries) could win you some dough (and regardless of where you live, will make someone a donator to VT).

yillan is taken. I'm out

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â