General Chat

AVFCLaura

Up in London tonight with Mrs H .. And my mate and his wife

You'd think therefore there would be no cocktail related drunkiness

The buy one get one free offer in this cocktail bar near our hotel said otherwise

At least I didn't fall off a Bar stool tonight

Oh and at dinner I had oven baked Brie for a starter ... Cheese rocks even French stuff (sadly)

Just been on a night flight, i assuming we skirted round it by a few hundred miles but there was a huge thunderstorm outside, it was pitch black then huhe bolts of lightning, saw the forks and everything, lit all the sky and clouds up

The missus didnt share my enthusiasm but it was one of the most stunning things ive ever seen

• Like 3

Just been on a night flight, i assuming we skirted round it by a few hundred miles but there was a huge thunderstorm outside, it was pitch black then huhe bolts of lightning, saw the forks and everything, lit all the sky and clouds up

The missus didnt share my enthusiasm but it was one of the most stunning things ive ever seen

I'd probably poo my pants. Did it effect the plane at all?

I'd probably poo my pants. Did it effect the plane at all?

No, bit of mild turbulence but nothing major, like I said I'm assuming they can divert around stuff like that rather than fly in to it, really hard to tell how far away it was

I did my usual plane trick of getting the window seat that overlooks the wing, at 1st I thought it was the lights on the wing, then it was too bright, then too inconsistent, I ended up with my face pinned to the window for about 20 minutes

Why are China being idiots with Hong Kong?

HK share of GDP has diminished, but isn't HK an absolute financial cornerstone to why China has been able to grow securely so fast?

If they mix it up too much they could find themselves in trouble

HK share of GDP has diminished, but isn't HK an absolute financial cornerstone to why China has been able to grow securely so fast?

pearl_river_large.0.jpg

Legov posted this up a little while back. It's a projection, but it shows that HK is not the be all and all of China.

What's more, I don't imagine the state wants uppity little HK giving those other towns any funny ideas.

What matters more than money? Power.

I'd imagine the sort of people that own / run China are fairly typical psychos. They'd like to be rich, yeah, but if they are rich and others have something nice then they'd rather be poor and know others are poorer.

Is my guess.

• Like 1

My mom n dad have had a letter from the solicitors about their neighbours (he moved in about 8 months ago and bangs and drills at all hours of the day and has damaged my mom and dads walls after removing his fireplace the police have been involved and they are trying to recover the costs of the walls.

He has countered this by saying that me, my mom and my dad have been racist on several occasions, saying that we have called him a "paki jihadist" and told him that we wish that "him and all his kind would F off back to their own country"

Absolute lies, yes me and my dad have threatened him with violence but that was only after he was shouting abuse at my mom.

I'm gob smacked after reading that letter

Just secretly video him being a prick.  Especially if you are not there and he is having a pop at your old dear.

People like him will trip up eventually and give it the "I will tell the police you said X or Y" + at a certain point they will cross a line and that's it.

Well they have had the council in who set up recording equipment to monitor the noise that he has been making (he drills and bangs from 9am till 10pm sometimes) he has had noise abatement orders and stuff like that but he hasn't taken a scrap of notice

Basically the police and the council are not doing anthing to help me mom n dad now. You really can see why people take the law into their own hands.

Legov posted this up a little while back. It's a projection, but it shows that HK is not the be all and all of China.

What's more, I don't imagine the state wants uppity little HK giving those other towns any funny ideas.

What matters more than money? Power.

I'd imagine the sort of people that own / run China are fairly typical psychos. They'd like to be rich, yeah, but if they are rich and others have something nice then they'd rather be poor and know others are poorer.

Is my guess.

that's it for me, they wont want to lose any of their grip, china has i think 5 autonomous regions and then macau and hong kong as special administrative regions, tibet have obviously been banging the drum for a long time, but im sure as part of the agreement that we gave hong kong back to china they have slightly more power than the others, hence why they agreed to let them have an election, the protests are coming because beijing is insisting that they can vet the candidates 1st

for the same reason id guess that the chinese government probably had the most interest in the Scottish vote 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â