General Chat

AVFCLaura

In Tesco I discovered 12" Pizza Express Sloppy Guiseppe pizzas reduced from 6 quid to £1.25. I bought eight. I am so WIN.

No you just bought some pizzas. Probably too many pizzas. Like when people say Hummus is orgasmic or something similarly popular to say.

What does that even mean anyway, I am so win?

:D It is an attempt at irony. The irony being that it is a little sad that I got so excited. Also it is an internet 'youth' type phrase, and I am certainly not youthful. It could be said that I am using an internet 'youth' type phrase to impress the youth, which, given my age would also be quite sad. Layer upon layer of smug, yet self loathing irony. I'm good at that.

Anyway, I have eaten one, the rest in the freezer. Suspect they may come out sometime during the world cup.

The Pizza Express Sloppy Guiseppe is a good pizza. Thats a great deal. Whack em in the freezer, everyone's a winner.

On the frozen pizza front however, I maintain the best are Chicago Town's Takeaway range - they've brilliant. Made all the better by knowing it's horrendous for you. But across the board they're fantastic. Ever the plain old 4 Cheese, mouthwatering.

In Tesco I discovered 12" Pizza Express Sloppy Guiseppe pizzas reduced from 6 quid to £1.25. I bought eight. I am so WIN.

No you just bought some pizzas. Probably too many pizzas. Like when people say Hummus is orgasmic or something similarly popular to say.

:D It is an attempt at irony. The irony being that it is a little sad that I got so excited. Also it is an internet 'youth' type phrase, and I am certainly not youthful. It could be said that I am using an internet 'youth' type phrase to impress the youth, which, given my age would also be quite sad. Layer upon layer of smug, yet self loathing irony. I'm good at that.

Anyway, I have eaten one, the rest in the freezer. Suspect they may come out sometime during the world cup.

Ah I see. I underestimated your jadedness. My apologies.

In my news, I've just returned to Galway. From living in the centre of Dublin city considering BBQs on the roof, going for pints and taking care of business, I'm now going to spend a week or two in a chair watching TV and vegetating. **** hate it. Family time is nice, but why can't we have it in Dublin where we can actually function outside the living room. I'll be babysitting and being driven absolutely mental.

The worst thing is that the house has been totally revamped. A hundred thousand spent on it, in the hope that i'll come home more often, but I've no interest in the house. It's like I'm just clocking in. It's limbo out here. Anytime there are pints on the cards here, the 10 year old won't get in so I'm stuck babysitting. It's like I'm institutionalised out here.

My 3 German couchsurfers left. 3 nights of them. We went out one night. Pretty good night. The Auld Dubliner for a pint and live music. They organised to meet some other couchsurfers. We were expected to go to their house for a party, but I managed to convince them that it wasn't a great idea. So they said they were coming into town. My alarm bells were ringing when they said they were intending to maybe have the party all night.

They were taking too long to arrive, so I got a second pint. The Germans shared a pint :|. The other CSers arrived 20 mins later, but I had only half my pint drunk. I said hello to them all. Started talking to one of them because he was from a place I lived in France.

Then one of them comes up. A **** Brazilian with massive arms, but 5ft 6. He says to me in a way that was also to everyone else in the group, "I know you're glad you made friends with this guy, but hurry up at finishing your pint because you're too slow and we're going to another bar".

I went **** spare. They were 30 mins late arriving. Crowd of absolute weirdos when they arrived too. I was absolutely seething.

The rest of the night was pretty good though. Myself and the Germans just spent the rest of the evening taking the piss out of the Brazilians.

And then the Brazilians **** off and I headed home and had a foursome with the Germans which was awesome.

And that concludes our broadcast day

Pizza Express do some nice pizzas and always seem to be on offer.

World Cup pizza fest sounds like a good idea to me :) get in there my friend.

Completed the 10 K today in 1hr and 8 minutes. Delighted with myself. Not too bad for a 46 year old.
Was that your first race? Very respectable time, well done indeed.

Get over to the running thread, you are one of us!

Completed the 10 K today in 1hr and 8 minutes. Delighted with myself. Not too bad for a 46 year old.
Was that your first race? Very respectable time, well done indeed.

Get over to the running thread, you are one of us!

Thanks :D Yes my first race. There was 40,000 women on the streets of Dublin today. Had to walk at the start as I was in with the walkers and the road was rammed. Furthest I had run before today was 4 K. Going to do another 10 K in August.

On the topic of pizza, I like the ones you get in M&S. Having lived in Napoli for around six years of my life though, nothing comes even close to a proper Italian pizza:

napoli-pizza-margherita2.jpg

Nom nom nom.....

Good bargain spotting mate, I do the same when I see big reductions ;-)

As for pizza....Dr Oetker Pizza Pollo is the best of all, full of chicken garlic and spinach, yummyyyyyyyyyy :lol:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â