General Chat

AVFCLaura

I picked up my dog from the kennels yesterday, the poor mutt's been in there for a month whilst we've been away.

He never eats much when he stays there so he's lost a bit of weight, and now he's back home and happy being spoilt, he's been stuffing his face like a good un bless him.

We gave him a steak mixed in with his usual tin of Butchers last night and other assorted treats and left overs from our plates, he also scoffed one of those Pedigree chicken foil pouches.

Now, I've probably heard my dog fart 3 or 4 times in all the 9 years I've had him, his are silent and quite deadly to the average human nose, so on the few occasions I've actually heard it, I've found it quite amusing.

But Jesus Christ, now he sounds like a little trumpet since putting all that rich food away, it's beyond funny now cos the smell's awful!

He's back on biscuits now untill he sorts that arse out!

I love when Walkers do those crazy flavours like Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding, German Bratwurst or fish & chips flavour :) Yummy.

I love when Walkers do those crazy flavours like Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding, German Bratwurst or fish & chips flavour :) Yummy.

the English Breakfast flavour tasted like stale eggs, and the Chilli & chocolate was just wrong.

some of the others are nice though, but never as good as the classic Prawn Cocktail / Salt & Vinegar / Cheese & Onion.

This years are nice, well the chicken Teryaki, Argie Beef, Roast Beef and Yorkshires and even the bratwurst are ok, not tried them all yet though, looking forward to the paella but I suspect it might fall short. Last years customer competition winners were **** awful, in fact **** awful is damning them with faint praise

Prawn Cocktail is not classic.

Classic is ready salted, cheese & onion, salt & vinegar.

Then the phase 2 flavours - smokey bacon, roast chicken.

Then phase 3 - prawn cocktail, roast beef, ham & mustard.

Then all the weird flavours.

You'd put roast chicken as being more normal than prawn cocktail? Mad man :)

The weirder the better I say. That chilli & chocolate one was certainly different.

Over here, roast chicken is not a popular flavour at all. I think I've only ever seen it used by Walkers whereas Prawn Cocktail is everywhere. An interesting regionalism.

You'd put roast chicken as being more normal than prawn cocktail? Mad man :)
It's older. Which of course to me is more normal. :)

First time I ever heard of prawn cocktail flavour was an exchange in a pub, highly reminiscent of the Monty Python "cheese shop" sketch.

I was sitting at the bar when this bloke, clearly not a local, walked in. The conversation ran as follows:

Bloke: Pint of lager, please. Oh, and a packet of crisps.

Barman: What flavour?

Bloke: Oh, I dunno... cheese and onion.

Barman (looks under counter): Haven't got any cheese and onion.

Bloke: Oh OK, plain then.

Barman: (looks under counter): Sorry, no plain.

Bloke: Salt and vinegar?

Barman: (looks under counter): Nope, haven't got any.

Bloke (increasingly exasperated): Smokey bacon? Roast chicken?

Barman: (looks under counter): Errrrr... no.

Bloke: Well, what HAVE you got?

Barman: (looks under counter): Erm.... just prawn cocktail.

Bloke (long pause): Prawn cocktail? Prawn COCKTAIL? PRAWN.... COCK.... TAIL....???? SERIOUSLY????

Barman: Yep.

Bloke (sighs): OK then, I'll have one of those.

:)

I remember when Prawn Cocktail crisps were introduced, must have been around 82, as I distinctly remember a school mates sister declaring that the new flavour smelt of periods

never eaten them since

I remember when Prawn Cocktail crisps were introduced, must have been around 82, as I distinctly remember a school mates sister declaring that the new flavour smelt of periods

never eaten them since

A bit earlier. The barroom sketch quoted above took place in about 1979/80.

It's older. Which of course to me is more normal. :)

First time I ever heard of prawn cocktail flavour was an exchange in a pub, highly reminiscent of the Monty Python "cheese shop" sketch.

I was sitting at the bar when this bloke, clearly not a local, walked in. The conversation ran as follows:

Bloke: Pint of lager, please. Oh, and a packet of crisps.

Barman: What flavour?

Bloke: Oh, I dunno... cheese and onion.

Barman (looks under counter): Haven't got any cheese and onion.

Bloke: Oh OK, plain then.

Barman: (looks under counter): Sorry, no plain.

Bloke: Salt and vinegar?

Barman: (looks under counter): Nope, haven't got any.

Bloke (increasingly exasperated): Smokey bacon? Roast chicken?

Barman: (looks under counter): Errrrr... no.

Bloke: Well, what HAVE you got?

Barman: (looks under counter): Erm.... just prawn cocktail.

Bloke (long pause): Prawn cocktail? Prawn COCKTAIL? PRAWN.... COCK.... TAIL....???? SERIOUSLY????

Barman: Yep.

Bloke (sighs): OK then, I'll have one of those.

:)

see, prawn cocktail is the flavour that beats them all.

its part of a staple diet.

never eaten them since

A bit earlier. The barroom sketch quoted above took place in about 1979/80.

Thats possible, still fits in the timeframe, now I think about it, yes, fits in better

I distinctly remember a school mates sister declaring that the new flavour smelt of periods

never eaten them since

Yeah we call scampi fries 'fanny fries'. Same reason. Stinky finger anyone?

You should still eat them though :lol:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â