General Chat

AVFCLaura

Ouch messy Chindie. At least your conscience is clear. They'll both be mates with you afterwards (provided you want them both to be) cuz you've done nothing wrong. As for John - if his relationship with yer wan really was a sham then maybe he needs that gently pointed out to him - that mates are more important than women you were planning to dump a few weeks down the line. Unless he's the type who likes habitually falling out with people.

I'm trying not to get involved but at the same time, it's hard not to. John as I said is my best mate here, and will still be one of my best mates after uni, I've lived with him for 2 years and he basically got me out of a really nasty situation in my first year when it turned out all of my friends at the time were words removed who decided to make my life hell. Meeting him through seminars and what not and going out for drinks and having a laugh lead to meet a lot of other friends andbasically set up my social life. I know Nick through John. I feel I sorta owe him for that, and thats without considering he's my best mate.

And I also just don't believe you should ever be going for a friends ex, no matter what. And she isn't John's ex yet really. Nick was straight up with John that he intended to **** his girlfriend, apparently. That sits very uneasily with me, especially now I realise he's pretty clearly been considering it for a while. I feel I should just have nothing more to do with Nick than I have to.

But then Nicks a good mate too, especially this year we've done shitloads together and had some great times. I just can't believe he'd be so stupid and so **** selfish too. He must know it's wrong, he must know it'd piss off one of his good friends, and probably alienate a lot of people he knows as well (for example me, a friend of Johns who is dating a mutual friend of all 3 of us, etc etc). And I don't think I could ever quite trust him anymore.

More than anything it's annoying that it a)ends the year, my final year, on a proper downer for all of us, and b)means I'm probably gonna lose out on a friendship that I don't think I can keep going after this, despite liking the guy.

I just can't believe he'd be so stupid and so **** selfish too. He must know it's wrong, he must know it'd piss off one of his good friends, and probably alienate a lot of people he knows as well (for example me, a friend of Johns who is dating a mutual friend of all 3 of us, etc etc). And I don't think I could ever quite trust him anymore.

That's what fanny does to a bloke

OK I get ya. That's a no-win if you get involved. Let them sort it out and tell them both you're there if needs be. They're big boys. If they're both good mates don't take sides unless it's clear that Nick needs a little reality check (shagging a mate's current bird?!?). Though surely, assuming Nick isn't a total dope, you've got to assume John's relationship with his missus was ambiguous enough for Nick to think it was a go-er to even try in the first place. But I agree, not the done thing. Stay away. Stay chilled and upbeat, have a few drinks and make the best of a less-than-ideal final week. Shit happens occasionally :thumb:

But then Nicks a good mate too, especially this year we've done shitloads together and had some great times. I just can't believe he'd be so stupid and so **** selfish too. He must know it's wrong, he must know it'd piss off one of his good friends, and probably alienate a lot of people he knows as well (for example me, a friend of Johns who is dating a mutual friend of all 3 of us, etc etc). And I don't think I could ever quite trust him anymore.

More than anything it's annoying that it a)ends the year, my final year, on a proper downer for all of us, and b)means I'm probably gonna lose out on a friendship that I don't think I can keep going after this, despite liking the guy.

Must be crap to find out one of your best mates is so sneaky and underhand. Regardless of all the good times, I dont think I'd be able to totally trust someone like that again.

Why would we refer to it affectionately? Our sole aim is to pound the **** out of it.

:crylaugh: Proper spitting spluttering laugh there, cheers.

OK I get ya. That's a no-win if you get involved. Let them sort it out and tell them both you're there if needs be. They're big boys. If they're both good mates don't take sides unless it's clear that Nick needs a little reality check (shagging a mate's current bird?!?). Though surely, assuming Nick isn't a total dope, you've got to assume John's relationship with his missus was ambiguous enough for Nick to think it was a go-er to even try in the first place. But I agree, not the done thing. Stay away. Stay chilled and upbeat, have a few drinks and make the best of a less-than-ideal final week. Shit happens occasionally :thumb:

As I said, Johns relationship is more or less of convenience for them both, they were living together and didn't think either could take knowing the other, in the room next door, was shagging someone else, and by staying together they could do shit and get along and so on. Saved a lot of hassle for all involved. John especially said that if they'd have broken up for absolutely definite, full stop they're done, he'd have moved out.

They stuck to it and I know for a fact John has been straight as a die with the arrangement, he's not been involved with anyone else and hasn't even looked. I also know that his girlfriend would have preferred it if they'd just cut off but she knew they couldn't really and agreed with it for the greater good. They were still close friends, they'd been together since before uni.

To be honest, in my book, it doesn't make a difference if they're together in name or not... you just don't go behind your mates back and gun for his ex/missus. It's just not done. I'd be pissed off if a close mate of mine was after my ex and I split up from the last 2 years ago. You just don't do it.

My reaction earlier when speaking with John about it was to more or less instantly say 'Depending on what you tell me now, I'm basically done with Nick'. John's completely done with him, obviously. I've suggested that I might go and see Nick (I need to anyway, he owes me money and we need to each get a few things from each other) and talk to him about what the **** is going through his head.

I've said to John that I side with him but I'm not getting involved as it's not my business but he's got my moral support, and the only thing I'm going to be doing is seeing to my own house - that is finding out if Nick is worth my time now.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â