General Chat

AVFCLaura

With driving a car, at least you have control over what you are doing and so you have a sense of safety. Of course you that doesn't stop the BMW driver who's tailgating you from trying to overtake on a blind corner but at least with your own car, you know what you are doing.

Yeah that comes into it too.

And I'm sure a plane in the hands of a pilot is way safer than a car in my own hands.

But having control over your own fate gives you a sense of security, even if it's a false sense

Was listening to a podcast this morning that discussed the conspiracy theory of Paul McCartney dying and being replaced by a lookalike.

Does anyone agree with it or is it a load of nonsense?

Jesus, is that still doing the rounds? 

You couldn't make it up. Oh wait, somebody did. 

There can't be two people who look like that, are equally up their own arses, and capable of writing songs as terrible as, When I'm Sixty-Four and The Frog Chorus, can there?

• Like 1

I've just discovered who Ann Coulter is, after reading about her opinions on football and other topics.

I don't know if she believes the stuff she says or she's the world's best troll.

I had a long discussion with one of my American friends about this woman when she came out with her bullshit about the World Cup.

It's not a stretch to imagine that there are idiots out there who genuinely think like this, but after doing some reading up on her background, and even from the way she writes and the position she holds now, I can't imagine she is anything but one of the world's best trolls.

Then the discussion went into the morality of this. If she genuinely believed everything she wrote, then she's a complete moron and it's scary, but at least she believes in it and is honest. If, on the other hand, she is a troll then in some ways I think that's worse.

If she's a troll - or performance artist as I saw a few of the more pretentious writers describe her as - then I think she's despicable. I have no issue with people playing a role for entertainment purposes, but this woman would be purposefully antagonising a lot of people for attention, fame and millions of dollars. Not only that, but she has a lot of power and influence over small-minded idiots - of which there are plenty across the world in my experience - which means she is only exacerbating their idiotic beliefs and that could be a very powerful and dangerous thing.

To be honest, I think she's scum whatever the truth is. I can't stand her.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I am a bit more nervous of planes nowadays especially after 9/11 and everything. 

I admit that I have a little look around to see who's on the plane with me when it's taking off

I am a bit more nervous of planes nowadays especially after 9/11 and everything. 

I admit that I have a little look around to see who's on the plane with me when it's taking off

You should contact the security services. If you can detect a bad guy by just looking around then you can save us all a lot of money.

• Like 1

Anyone with a beard and looks a bit foreign?

We go again

Boarding the 17:50 flight to Istanbul shorty

Wish me luck....

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/british-airways-flight-istanbul-turns-7365275

British Airways says there is 'nothing to worry about' after flight to Istanbul was forced to return to Heathrow sparking talk on Twitter of a technical or medical emergency.

Concerns were raised on Twitter this lunchtime after a British Airways flight en route Instanbul suddenly announced it was returning to Heathrow Airport.

Twitter sprung into life at about 11am today (Thursday) with talk of a technical or medical emergency on board the squawking 7700. 

Continues...

New one for me

45 minutes ago I took off from Heathrow

I'm now back at Heathrow as we suddenly turned around whilst over the English Channel

Seems we had a small fire in the cockpit

Crew were top notch if they had any fears they didn't show it , of course we knew something was wrong but not the what , which made every bump and turbulence interesting

So ... Time to find another plane and hope I get my connecting flight in Istanbul

I definitely would have defecated myself in that situation. At what point were you told about the fire?

Once we landed

I felt that we'd had a bit of an incident ( hard to explain it really maybe just something you feel after so many flights but I knew we'd dropped rather than climbing to our cruising altitude and we also seemed to have done a series of small but subtle turned ) and I did that look around to see if I'd imagined it or had everyone else spotted it ....nobody really seemed to notice , even my mate sitting next to me said don't be daft ... So you think maybe it's just me

About 5 mins later people started looking out the windows as we were flying indeed quite low and then we heard the pilot call for the chief steward and then I knew something was up

They just said technical fault at the time and then told us about the fire once we landed , fire tracks running alongside us as we landed but I believe that is standard

Talking to the stewardess now and it seems a few sick bags were filled :)

No bravado from me I just have a lot of confidence in planes and pilots , there was a brief "oh **** " moment went through my mind as the plane bounced along a few times , to me it felt like we had some hydraulic failure as the plane was juddering a lot but ultimately there isn't a lot you can do but either land or crash ... Just glad mrs h and the kids weren't on the plane as it may have been different

For a moment there, I was hoping the story was going to turn into something similar to this...

Someone is going to be taking a lot of drugs in west bromwich over the next few days. I posted that I had my stihl cutter robbed which was worth 600, anyway that same day the plumber had his van broke into and over a thousand pound of stuff was taken. Anyway today the ground workers have had 24k worth of gear robbed, the scallies actually came onto site during lunch hour on bikes and robbed the stuff. Some of them ran after them but could not catch them, they did the same about two month ago, they came on and robbed 20k worth of stuff from the ground workers. Some of the new builds have been broken into and the copper piping has been ripped out. Yesterday the site manager parked his car infront of this blokes house, the bloke who's house it was went up into the offices and said you've got one minute to move your car or I'm going to smash it up,and if you park it there again I'll make one quick phone call and I'll have it robbed. I didn't know the people of west bromwich were so lovely.

Anyone with a beard and looks a bit foreign?

Roy Keane looks capable of anything, really

Me and the missus were talking about this earlier after hearing about these new threats coming from 2 countries the yanks hadn't invaded yet...

What's the obsession with planes? If they attacked a shopping centre or a sports venue or a concert then I'd be worried, can you imagine if they went after shopping centres at Christmas?

But instead they (supposedly) keep trying to attack something that has a ridiculous amount of security? Don't get me wrong I'm not exactly of the terrorist mindset but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and for that reason flying never bothers me, it seems illogical that they are still going after planes

Just seen a story about magaluf girl, was all over twitter earlier apparently, in a bar playing drinking games, she had to have a gobble on 24 dicks to get a free drink... The drink was apparently worth £2 too :lol:

In your best spanish accent "you English pig" what a rotter

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â