General Chat

AVFCLaura

You aren't the only one. Still hoping I can work something out football wise, at least whatever happens in that aspect, I'll be earning at least £50 a week, possibly £70 if I play on a sunday aswell which is at least £70 a week more than what I get at the moment, plus probably part-time job or something, then might go Uni year after. About 5/6 my best mates all going to Aber. I might just try and get in there (should get the grades hopefully) for the hell of it, if I only live once, i'd want to spend my time at this age with my best mates and get a degree of some sort on the side.

I've got my Birthday about 2 weeks before everyone leaves, that is going to be a huge party and possibly very emotional.

And it'll be over when everyone leaves to University, the banter just isn't the same anywhere else. Maaaaaan.

Everyone is leaving and pissing off to all of these different places & I don't even know what I'm going to do :(

Life moves on. Every time I got posted to a new unit in the Army I thought it wouldn't be as good as the last and I was proven wrong everytime. Change is hard but good.

How much of an effect does an avatar have on the perception of a poster. I only ask because I have got rid of the Ian Brown pic (until after the world cup at least) and was just wondering if it made any difference to the way people feel about the tripe I post.

When people change avatars, I just think "why? don't confuse me"

I will be changing back after the world cup. I am just on the patriotic bandwagon at the moment. I was more interested in the effect an avatar has on the perception of a poster. For instance I have seen pictures of BOF and RJW63 but I will always associate then with sumo wrestlers and cider if you see where I am coming from.

Oh dear, the reality of the whole situation and people I've known for 14 years, people i'd trust my life with, my best mates are moving away and I might not see them for a while or regularly, I've got tears. Maaaan.

Lay off the thunderbird.

Oh dear, the reality of the whole situation and people I've known for 14 years, people i'd trust my life with, my best mates are moving away and I might not see them for a while or regularly, I've got tears. Maaaan.

Have a crywank

I was more interested in the effect an avatar has on the perception of a poster. For instance I have seen pictures of BOF and RJW63 but I will always associate then with sumo wrestlers and cider if you see where I am coming from.

So people either see me as my old avatar, a thief, or my new avatar, oh another thief. 8)

I need a new avatar. In my time on VT I've been a destructive gopher, myself, and this tree to my knowledge (actually an EP cover for a good band for Jesu). This one was only meant as a short term thing while I got a better one and it's not happened.

It probably does affect perceptions. But for some reason with some people I can't expect other perceptions. For example, I think partly influenced by the sumo, I can't help imagining BOF is Dara O'Briain.

I need a new avatar. In my time on VT I've been a destructive gopher, myself, and this tree to my knowledge (actually an EP cover for a good band for Jesu). This one was only meant as a short term thing while I got a better one and it's not happened.

It probably does affect perceptions. But for some reason with some people I can't expect other perceptions. For example, I think partly influenced by the sumo, I can't help imagining BOF is Dara O'Briain.

Yours is a good example actually chindie...Your gloomy avatar saturates your posts with gloominess if that makes sense. Even when it is an upbeat post. This is not knocking you as a person by the way , just an analysis on how an avatar affects perception.

Penis pic? :lol:

Penis pic? :lol:

Oo er. :shock:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â