General Chat

AVFCLaura

So at the age I am now (23), my parents had one child (me), were married and had a house.

I don't know anyone at the same age with all of those.

Not that I'm complaining. None of them are my 'life goals'. It's just interesting to think about.

Oh come on...

Massage?

Right, I have to be awake as I'm at work until the morning, how come a few of you are up by choice? I really want to sleep but id be sacked :(

Bet ya don't!

In other news -

Bo6nUNfIgAAuWYn.jpg

I'm shocked VA hasn't made a joke about me yet
He probably has and you missed it :winkold: Edited by tonyh29

Ay mooney, tonight on bbc4 at 10.20. Troubadours, the rise of the singer-songwriter. James taylor and a few others mentioned, then straight after that live performances from elton john,james taylor,cat stevens,harry nilsson,sandy denny,steve goodman,joni mitchell,neil young. Sounds up your street.

Searching For Sugar Man is on before it, which is brilliant. 

OK, catching up a bit. This should probably be in the TV thread, but whatever. 

Yeah, I watched Troubadors (again). I have it on DVD, but that whole genre is indeed right up my street. 

And I also watched Searching for Sugarman, which is indeed utterly brilliant. Although I had vaguely heard about the Rodriguez saga, this was the first time I'd heard his actual recordings. Wow. Fantastic stuff, will be purchasing both albums, sharpish.  

And he seems like a top bloke, too. 

• Like 2

Regarding dvds, I've got The who live at the IOW, which I bloody love. Also have live at kilburn, the kids are alright and I've also got another one but I can't remember the name of it. You ever see the original lineup live mooney?

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Regarding dvds, I've got The who live at the IOW, which I bloody love. Also have live at kilburn, the kids are alright and I've also got another one but I can't remember the name of it. You ever see the original lineup live mooney?

Twice.

1973, the Quadrophenia tour in Manchester (where I managed to get on stage, stood just behind Townshend's amp, and about three feet from Moon. The word 'awesome' doesn't do it justice) and 1974 at Charlton (with Lou Reed, Humble Pie, Maggie Bell, Lindisfarne - and Bad Company in their debut gig). 

Good times. 

• Like 4

No, that was on a US tour. At Manchester it was an 'amphitheatre' type venue (King's Hall, now long gone), and I was right down at the end of one 'wing'. I just nipped behind the PA stack and scrambled up on the stage. A few others tried to follow (including my two mates), but got chucked off by bouncers. For some reason they left me alone.

• Like 1

Its moments like that which would stay with me forever, brilliant!. Its so sad that we don't have characters like moon and townshend anymore. Obviously moon was a complete train crash but jesus christ what a character. Tragic that he went so young.

Its moments like that which would stay with me forever, brilliant!. Its so sad that we don't have characters like moon and townshend anymore. 

We still have Townshend (cue the paedo controversy again). 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â