General Chat

AVFCLaura

Some slag on facebook joined a group 'lets count to 20,000' which then goes on to count to 20,000 and spams the **** out of your homepage.

She was subsequently deleted.

Someone on my facebook did that it's very annoying.

I drank quite alot tbh, probably the wrong sort of stuff, mostly lemonade, and lucozade and powerade. Oh well, it's slowly going with a tablet. Poor night of gaming last night at mates, firstly missed world cup qualification with Wales, 4-3 on aggregate in play-off's to Serbia :(

before picking up 7 points from our 10 games with Faroe Islands (obvs not going to get you through).

Yeah, what an eventful weekend.

Cheers. I would say I'd need it but I can get a 2.1 in my degree by getting 50's across the board in my modules... which isn't happening. I'm on 30 odd in the 2 modules I have exams for anyway. And this one being pre-seen means I can cram a bit. My second and last one on Wednesday should be harder, but I don't care this time if I don't cover myself in glory.

Then I'm done

EDIT - Gotta love the cascade system - makes it spectacularly difficult to do badly if you maintain a decent level in the second year. Conversely if you don't ace things across the board you ain't getting a 1st, but still.

Well hope all three go well and you get what you want results wise.

Happy cramming :)

What are your plans for when its all over?

I don't really know.

I'm applying for a graduate position at a company I noticed the other day once exams are done, but I've no idea if that's going anywhere. A couple of friends want to doa small bit of travelling but no money for that. A uni mate wants me to go with him to teach English in South Korea, not terribly keen on that either though in some ways it'd be cool.

Basically, I need to earn money but I'd not employ me. I'll be fine regardless, guarenteed 2.1 on my CV in a couple of months should help :D

I don't really know.

I'm applying for a graduate position at a company I noticed the other day once exams are done, but I've no idea if that's going anywhere. A couple of friends want to doa small bit of travelling but no money for that. A uni mate wants me to go with him to teach English in South Korea, not terribly keen on that either though in some ways it'd be cool.

Basically, I need to earn money but I'd not employ me. I'll be fine regardless, guarenteed 2.1 on my CV in a couple of months should help :D

Congrats on the 2.1 mate :thumb:

I don't really know.

That's the tough part deciding what to do after! I graduated last year, finally have a job now, not a fat lot to do with my degree but it's a hard decision to be penniless and look for the dream job or take a decent enough job.

Some slag on facebook joined a group 'lets count to 20,000' which then goes on to count to 20,000 and spams the **** out of your homepage.

She was subsequently deleted.

Someone on my facebook did that it's very annoying.

I've had three different ones all of such epic proportions this week. I reported them as potential pedophiles

Congrats on the 2.1 mate :thumb:

Cheers. Saying it's guarenteed is a bit strong but basically, I can do awfully in the exams this week and still get the 2.1 so it's spectacularly likely.

That's the tough part deciding what to do after! I graduated last year, finally have a job now, not a fat lot to do with my degree but it's a hard decision to be penniless and look for the dream job or take a decent enough job.

Aye, I know. Not a good time to be going into the job market either.

Still, I'm kind of excited about it. It'll be nice to have some purpose for once. And a wage.

I'm doing the old teaching English thing at the moment in Istanbul....loving every minute of it so far. I'm teaching in a private college for a year or two then see where it takes me. I'm hoping to do the masters to the CELTA diploma which can reap rewards aplenty but thats a pipe dream. For now, I'm enjoying the scorching sun, rooftop balcony and £190 a month rent on my flat.

bugger off to south Korea and teach English for a year or two, it'll look great on the CV when you come back and the economy might have picked up

Aye, it makes sense to do, I'd make money out there, have fun, see some of the world for the first time. The company it's with even pays for the flights dependant on how long you stay IIRC.

The worrys for me would be - culture shock, I've never left the UK (I know...) and I've never had much desire to see South East Asia. I'm not a great fan of that school of food either, which I'd imagine would be pretty hard to avoid all in all. I imagine not being great with languages wouldn't help either, you'd need some knowledge of Korean to develop to get on. And I'm not sure how good I could teach anyone anything.

It seems a bit daunting and I'm not sure how much I'd want to do it. But I can see a fair few benefits too.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â