General Chat

AVFCLaura

Still cannae quote!!!

When doing Law, we were given brief introduction to teeline... that was something like 6 years ago and it has moulded into my own version (in parts!) which is a habit I am going to try and break :-D

Well I don't know your own style but the Teeline we learned complete with the special outlines our teacher taught us was really good and very easy to learn.

Good luck Stefan! I have an interview in a couple of weeks for a job in Lichfield which would be good as it's a lot closer than my last job.

Just spent ages looking through boxes and found the work we did back then, will go through it all and iron out my own bugs :)

Good luck Stefan.. hope it works out. Dream jobs are awesome. 

Well, not that I'm an expert, and hell, I'm unemployed at the moment (though I've never applied for a newspaper job in my life as that wasn't my intention when doing the course) but I did get 3 As, 2 Bs, a C and my 100 wpm Shorthand meaning I got the Gold Standard, so if you need any help with anything then send me a PM and I'll see what I can do - probably nothing but you never know.

Handed in an application for my dream post at my dream school today.

Wish me luck guys  :wub:

Have some morals mate.  She hasn't been dead 24 hours...

Too soon?

Oh wow!

Hahaaaaaa.

So pissed off at the moment, after giving up my job a few months ago to work on a different site, just informed today that we only have 4 weeks work left, at the most 12 weeks

Head chef walked out/fired Saturday night for double jobbing it by the owner even though the restaurant im in will soon be closing (no one is ment to know) leaving me right in the shit with quite a lot of booking to come over the next few weeks, owner wont hire anyone else and the other girl working is a trainee basically leaving me to do everything, now I have been offered a few jobs so should I leave and tell him to stick it (one weeks notice) even though he has no one else coming in. or continue on knowing he is  closing in the next few weeks and he probably wont tell anyone untill the day he does as suppliers will be all over him ...

Head chef walked out/fired Saturday night for double jobbing it by the owner even though the restaurant im in will soon be closing (no one is ment to know) leaving me right in the shit with quite a lot of booking to come over the next few weeks, owner wont hire anyone else and the other girl working is a trainee basically leaving me to do everything, now I have been offered a few jobs so should I leave and tell him to stick it (one weeks notice) even though he has no one else coming in. or continue on knowing he is  closing in the next few weeks and he probably wont tell anyone untill the day he does as suppliers will be all over him ...

Loyalty in business only works one way.

• Like 1

What does he propose to do for you when he closes down the restaurant? I.e. will you be out of a job?

If so (that's the way I've read it) then you should be off out of the door taking the best offer you've been given and you should also consider telling all of the suppliers that this bod is planning to do the dirty on.

• Like 3

What does he propose to do for you when he closes down the restaurant? I.e. will you be out of a job?

If so (that's the way I've read it) then you should be off out of the door taking the best offer you've been given and you should also consider telling all of the suppliers that this bod is planning to do the dirty on.

Yup when he closes all staff will be let go ...suppliers "burned"

I've been working with kids for nearly 6 years now and have never gotten into a situation where I've been anyway near scared of a child.

That changed today. I'm doing a 2 week placement at a school for children aged 4-11 with behaviour, social and emotional needs. Small classes, lots of staff etc. Never seen anything like it. There's one kid. 6 year old girl. Looks like a normal girl. Sweet, friendly, polite and gets on with her work. But apparently she just flips if she's in a certain mood. Like she's been possessed. Hair goes over her face. Eyes glaze over. Voice goes deep. Gets ridiculous strength. Took 3 people to restrain her last time she flipped. She's about as tall as my legs.

Utterly terrifying what mental health does to some people. Even worse than it's a bloody child. So sad.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 4

Wot Ingram said then - look after yourself.

He obviously couldn't give a stuff about anyone else (or his 'reputation' in business for that matter) so you shouldn't show him any more loyalty than the contractual obligation of the notice.

It might also be worth considering how close to him you may be seen by others (potential employers/the suppliers that he plans to burn) if you were still to be there when he cuts and runs.

• Like 2

Look after yourself mate. Loyalty doesn't pay the bills does it? 

• Like 1

I've been working with kids for nearly 6 years now and have never gotten into a situation where I've been anyway near scared of a child.

That changed today. I'm doing a 2 week placement at a school for children aged 4-11 with behaviour, social and emotional needs. Small classes, lots of staff etc. Never seen anything like it. There's one kid. 6 year old girl. Looks like a normal girl. Sweet, friendly, polite and gets on with her work. But apparently she just flips if she's in a certain mood. Like she's been possessed. Hair goes over her face. Eyes glaze over. Voice goes deep. Gets ridiculous strength. Took 3 people to restrain her last time she flipped. She's about as tall as my legs.

Utterly terrifying what mental health does to some people. Even worse than it's a bloody child. So sad.

She's only 6 mate, you should be able to take her in a fist fight surely? 

On a serious tone, when my Dad was in the Police in the 1970's, they got a call to say a vicar in Erdington had 'flipped out' in his Church. Was throwing things around. My Dad said he had never seen anyone so strong. It took about 8 of them to get him on the floor. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â