General Chat

AVFCLaura

Just looking at houses in Florida for a similar price range at what we're looking for, the comparison is incredible to what you get for the price over here.

You can buy a 5 bedroom new build house with a swimming pool, jacuzzi etc for £250k :o Over here you'd be looking at £1m for that.

That's because property in Florida has absolutely plummeted since 2007.

You do know there's been a recession don't you? :P

We're not exactly in a great situation either!

I'd love to move out there, shame it will never happen. The missus won't even move out to Sutton Coldfield, what chance have I got? :lol:

Edited by villarule123

Credit card companies don't really want people who pay off the balance every month, there's no money in it for them, its the same as transferring the balance to a 0% card every 12 month, after you do it twice you wont find another company who will let you, because its obvious what your up to

check on money saving expert for more detailed advice, and experian credit report give you 30days free sign up to check you credit rating and see whats holding you back, just remember to cancel it after 30 days

don't they get a % from the store for the transaction ... it's why a lot of stores wont take Amex as they charge a higher rate to the retailer

so I'm sure they would prefer people that don't pay the bill off in full but I don't think they would object to those that do either :)

• Like 1

Just looking at houses in Florida for a similar price range at what we're looking for, the comparison is incredible to what you get for the price over here.

You can buy a 5 bedroom new build house with a swimming pool, jacuzzi etc for £250k :o Over here you'd be looking at £1m for that.

not Up North you wouldn't

you could probably buy Sheffield for £250k  .. though why you'd want to is another matter

Yes, but they are made out of old toilet roll tubes and held together with blu-tac. As long as you don't get any wind (you will) then everything will be fine.

The song is perfect in everyway. The way it builds up to its climax, great lyrics,great guitar solo,great drumming.

Kashmir FTW
stairway imo is a better song for the reasons mooney has already said. But its an epic song for sure. Songs like stairway and kashmir are what set zep apart from rival bands like sabbath,purple and even the stones and the who. Those bands mentioned could not make songs like that and make it work.
Sabbath and Purple, agreed. The Stones, arguably. But I think Behind Blue Eyes is up there with Stairway.
love it, can listen to behind blue eyes anytime but have got to be in the mood for stairway.

And it's not even the best track on what is a quite breathtaking album. And "Who's Next" is not even the best album either! Quadrophenia for me every time.

Cheers Nick

from start to finish who's next is completely flawless. Quad is my second favourite album by them, great band.

don't they get a % from the store for the transaction ... it's why a lot of stores wont take Amex as they charge a higher rate to the retailer

so I'm sure they would prefer people that don't pay the bill off in full but I don't think they would object to those that do either :)

Indeed.

In the case of Amex, since their main cards (green and up) never charge interest and require payment in full every month, they make their money off a much higher interchange fee and not paying the seller for a couple of months (thus getting the float).

Me an the wife have booked into the chill factor in manchester for a couple of days learning to snowboard. I've done skiing and want to know which one is better before I go and spend serious moolah on anything :-)

Bloody hell.  Weddings are expensive aren't they?  Six weeks away from mine now and it's absolutely wiped me out.  By the time it's paid for I'll be getting letters from the bank made up of words they've cut out of the newspaper and stuck down with tweezers...

Bloody hell.  Weddings are expensive aren't they?  Six weeks away from mine now and it's absolutely wiped me out.  By the time it's paid for I'll be getting letters from the bank made up of words they've cut out of the newspaper and stuck down with tweezers...

yes

did my wedding on a shoestring in 99, buffet at a local pub said adieu to the older people, hired a bus to transport the rest of us to Blast Off, had a great night, got the DJ to play "our song" and had the first dance with my bride to size of a cow by the wonderstuff. Wouldnt change a single thing about the day and cost to me was bus hire and entry into blast off.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â