General Chat

AVFCLaura

I've literally, never owed anyone any money ever. 

Oddly enough, this can actually be a negative factor towards credit scoring.  You build up your score by borrowing and then paying it off.  The more you borrow and pay off, the better your score.  It sounds silly, but for example during my marginally hedonistic youth I accumulated a £1500 overdraft that took me years (and a few bank charges) to pay off, and I'd also taken out (and paid off) credit on a number of purchases.  My missus never borrowed any money or had ever taken out a store/credit card.  We checked out our credit scores before we started house hunting, mine was very good and hers was non-existent.  

The easiest way to better your credit score is to take out a credit card (nothing major and preferably one with an introductory interest free period) and spend a month or two of using it to pay off household bills/rent, then just ensure off the full amount at the end of every month.  Once the interest free period is over, close the card or cut it up.  DO NOT use it to pay anything other than bills or rent with - that's how idiots get tempted into spending money they don't really have on luxuries they don't bloody well need - and make sure you zero the balance (i.e. pay the card off in full) every month WITHOUT FAIL.  Every time you miss a payment or incur a charge is a negative notch on your credit score, which defeats the whole purpose of the exercise.

There are other things you can do to help, getting your address and electoral roll information up to date is a step in the right direction.  Note that, especially if you're renting, some really bizarre factors that are totally out of your control can impact your credit score such as the credit score/history of previous tenants or fellow occupants as properties are assigned their own credit history of sorts.  Just to go back to getting a credit card, do make sure it's a fairly small card/one that you can be confident you'll be approved for (some organisations/banks can tell you if you're pre-approved), as any form of credit application always goes onto your credit score and an unsuccessful application can also have an adverse effect.

Apart from all this it's common sense basically; manage your money, don't miss payments and don't ever get bank charges.  Over time your credit score will improve.

• Like 1

^what Gareth said

you need to show you can borrow but also pay back money on time, the downside if credit ratings is you can spend months building it up, miss 1 payment on a credit card and it leaves a dent that takes a while to get out.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I have a cc and use it as described. Never incurred interest on it. I think it's the 5 missed payments of £1.97 that are killing me. Also the previous tenants at our rented property owed a lot of money. We still get debt collection letters through the door for various names.

Credit card companies don't really want people who pay off the balance every month, there's no money in it for them, its the same as transferring the balance to a 0% card every 12 month, after you do it twice you wont find another company who will let you, because its obvious what your up to

check on money saving expert for more detailed advice, and experian credit report give you 30days free sign up to check you credit rating and see whats holding you back, just remember to cancel it after 30 days

Edited by Jimzk5

The song is perfect in everyway. The way it builds up to its climax, great lyrics,great guitar solo,great drumming.

Kashmir FTW
stairway imo is a better song for the reasons mooney has already said. But its an epic song for sure. Songs like stairway and kashmir are what set zep apart from rival bands like sabbath,purple and even the stones and the who. Those bands mentioned could not make songs like that and make it work.
Sabbath and Purple, agreed. The Stones, arguably. But I think Behind Blue Eyes is up there with Stairway.

Snowdome, Tamworth you say.

*sees its about 20 minutes away*

*runs off to check diary*

cmpunkmine.png

I'm closer to Tamworth than you :P

Yeah but Jenny likes me more

Not when she finds out that I am a dead ringer for Roman Reigns.

The song is perfect in everyway. The way it builds up to its climax, great lyrics,great guitar solo,great drumming.

Kashmir FTW
stairway imo is a better song for the reasons mooney has already said. But its an epic song for sure. Songs like stairway and kashmir are what set zep apart from rival bands like sabbath,purple and even the stones and the who. Those bands mentioned could not make songs like that and make it work.
Sabbath and Purple, agreed. The Stones, arguably. But I think Behind Blue Eyes is up there with Stairway.
love it, can listen to behind blue eyes anytime but have got to be in the mood for stairway.

Kashmir FTW
love it, can listen to behind blue eyes anytime but have got to be in the mood for stairway.

• Like 1

They should be hung for even having the nerve to ruin that song. I'd rather drink my own piss than listen to that idiot. Decent film though, was it gothika?

Yeah never seen it, but the song is extremely bad.

That's coming for somebody with a special affinity for Limp Bizkit due to the effect 'Significant Other' had on a 16 year old me.

Kashmir FTW

And it's not even the best track on what is a quite breathtaking album. And "Who's Next" is not even the best album either! Quadrophenia for me every time.

Cheers Nick

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â