General Chat

AVFCLaura

On the wedding theme I went to a wedding a few years back (OH's cousin) and the organ player had some kind of heart attack or stroke mid-verse. The priest carried on humming and 'larring' the intro's to the following songs whilst some people karted the poor old bird out to a waiting ambulance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlwtgaQZYDI

• Like 4

one for ajax - 

thumb640x360.jpg

been confirmed that its happening

I still have all the original figures in my parents loft, fire station and everything.

I loved pouring the ectoplasm through the grating on the roof.

Pervert.

Even thinking about this post still makes me genuinely chuckle to myself.

Don't know why

[/boringthread]

On the wedding theme I went to a wedding a few years back (OH's cousin) and the organ player had some kind of heart attack or stroke mid-verse. The priest carried on humming and 'larring' the intro's to the following songs whilst some people karted the poor old bird out to a waiting ambulance.

Went to a mate's wedding once, years ago, and the organist was either pissed or a last minute stand-in, because he was awful - could barely play. Very much 'Les Dawson on the piano' style. Very difficult to keep a straight face. 

Also, the same wedding happened to be on the day of a Villa-Blues game (the timing didn't go down well with most of the groom's mates). This was before the days of mobile phones, but several blokes had transistor radios under their coats, and when Villa scored, one them walked up to the hymn board and used the cardboard hymn numbers to put the score up. 

I don't think the bride enjoyed the day very much. 

• Like 1

At my cousin's wedding, there was some kind of a sculpted unicorn high up on a wall in the church. It had a huge, red, throbbing knob which those who saw it found amusing.

Edited by villaajax
  • Like 1

At my cousin's wedding, there was some kind of a sculpted unicorn high up on a wall in the church. It had a huge, red, throbbing knob which those who saw it found amusing.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure you imagined this.

Knowing your heritage I would comically and stereotypically (Xenophobically) suggest Marijuana use making you hallucinate...but then I thought of half of my family heritage.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

I see brickies are raking the money in again. How about putting the money up for us poor roof tilers.

Back where we started ...housing bubble again

My house has supposedly gone up in value by £15k in 1 year.

Unfortunately every other house probably will have too so it won't make much of a difference when we want to move.

Went to a mate's wedding once, years ago, and the organist was either pissed or a last minute stand-in, because he was awful - could barely play. Very much 'Les Dawson on the piano' style. Very difficult to keep a straight face. 

Also, the same wedding happened to be on the day of a Villa-Blues game (the timing didn't go down well with most of the groom's mates). This was before the days of mobile phones, but several blokes had transistor radios under their coats, and when Villa scored, one them walked up to the hymn board and used the cardboard hymn numbers to put the score up. 

I don't think the bride enjoyed the day very much. 

My brother and I sat listening to Villa's game against Blackburn (The Ginger Scottish Manager season) at our cousin's wedding. She did marry a bluenose though, so it was our way of protesting.

Knowing your heritage I would comically and stereotypically (Xenophobically) suggest Marijuana use making you hallucinate...but then I thought of half of my family heritage.

yah mon, smoke i di ganja all day long

(shamelessly taken from Urban Dictionary)

Edited by legov
  • Like 1

yah mon, smoke i di ganja all day long

(shamelessly taken from Urban Dictionary)

Which one's heritage are you mocking there? mi know

• Like 1

Who cares, let's pummel him!

Aren't we supposed to be laid back?

I'll have to summon my other half not my wife I'm not married.

fighting-irish.jpg

And also, because I'll take any tenuous link to post it -

Rasta_Leprechaun_by_Ej7.jpg

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â