General Chat

AVFCLaura

Singing priest's Hallelujah wows wedding guests

A priest has stunned wedding guests at the end of a ceremony with a pitch-perfect version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

The video of Fr Ray Kelly's unique version of the often-covered song was filmed at the weekend and has received more than 140,000 hits on YouTube in less than two days.

The parish priest of Oldcastle, County Meath, told BBC Radio Ulster's Talkback programme that the couple had no idea what was going to happen.

"Normally local people know I sing at weddings, funerals or when I'm asked, but they didn't know - the bride Leah is from Dublin and the groom Chris is from Cookstown in County Tyrone," he said.

...more stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd6LbncpSIo

A priest has stunned wedding guests at the end of a ceremony with a pitch-perfect version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

The video of Fr Ray Kelly's unique version of the often-covered song was filmed at the weekend and has received more than 140,000 hits on YouTube in less than two days.

The parish priest of Oldcastle, County Meath, told BBC Radio Ulster's Talkback programme that the couple had no idea what was going to happen.

"Normally local people know I sing at weddings, funerals or when I'm asked, but they didn't know - the bride Leah is from Dublin and the groom Chris is from Cookstown in County Tyrone," he said.

...more stuff

Sorta reminds me of our wedding service in Hungary .. The vicar and his wife suddenly popped up with this Casio organ and played and sung a hymn ... Very much to my surprise ( and Mrs H for that matter )

Not on a parr with this bloke that's for sure , they finished the song and I heard one of my football mates from a few rows back say " Hungary nil point " ... Needless to say I spent the next few minutes giggling like a child ...

...more stuff

Sorta reminds me of our wedding service in Hungary .. The vicar and his wife suddenly popped up with this Casio organ and played and sung a hymn ... Very much to my surprise ( and Mrs H for that matter )

Not on a parr with this bloke that's for sure , they finished the song and I heard one of my football mates from a few rows back say " Hungary nil point " ... Needless to say I spent the next few minutes giggling like a child ...

Upstaging the bride on her wedding day .......what a ****

On the wedding theme I went to a wedding a few years back (OH's cousin) and the organ player had some kind of heart attack or stroke mid-verse. The priest carried on humming and 'larring' the intro's to the following songs whilst some people karted the poor old bird out to a waiting ambulance.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â