General Chat

AVFCLaura

Get in!

Just got back my essay mark for Social Policy and got a highly surprising 70. I honestly thought I'd get a low 60 so this is a great surprise. Also, only two people in the whole year got above 70, some girl got 72. :D

Spending untold hours on VT seems to do the trick ;-)

Saving Private Ryan's on Film 4 in about ten minutes. That film always gets me. The beginning with the old guy and his family always makes me think of the families that never happened. I feel that I am nothing compared to those who gave their lives.

Saving Private Ryan's on Film 4 in about ten minutes. That film always gets me. The beginning with the old guy and his family always makes me think of the families that never happened. I feel that I am nothing compared to those who gave their lives.

Shaving Ryan's Privates is a much better film :winkold: :P

Yes saving private ryan is pretty wank (and not in a good way like Shaving Ryan's Privates). I hate Tom Hanks almost as much as I hate Spielberg and the whole premise of sending a whole party of soldiers to wander around occupied France getting shot up to pull out one guy who doesn't want to leave anyway is stupid...

EDIT: Band of brothers is infinitely better.

Yes, **** over-rated gash robbed the far superior Thin Red Line at the Oscars.

Probably because it flew a few american flags and seemed more patriotic, rather than the 'what is war' ramblings of the other movie.

This, this, this x100000.

Terence Malick pwns Spielberg.

I like how that 'is this john carew' thread was locked in the main forum...

Deemed not to be able to handle something so tongue in cheek over there without flying off the handle and concluding that big JC was on his way. Poor souls

A girl in my apartment block sent an email around to tell us that her car was broken into last night and she called the cops. She says that nothing was taken and no glass broken. I want to reply to ask how she knew that the car had been broken into. I mean it could hardly be said to have been broken into if nothing was broken...

I havent had a dump in 9 days :(........its a PB im quite proud of, but feel if i dont go soon it'll be like giving birth.

If anyones got any bright ideas other than lactulose, they'll be gratefully recieved.

I havent had a dump in 9 days :(........its a PB im quite proud of, but feel if i dont go soon it'll be like giving birth.

If anyones got any bright ideas other than lactulose, they'll be gratefully recieved.

Um, a doctor?

How long can you live without having a bowel movement?

In: Intestinal Health

Answer

Constipation is defined as having less than three bowel movements per week. In an healthy system, there should be a bowel movement shortly after every meal. As for how long a person can go without a bowel movement and when this becomes life-threatening, that I do not know.

Answer

Some doctors feel that a person should have at least 2 - 3 bowel movements per day, while others feel once is enough or once to twice every two days. It depends on the individuals diet (lots of fiber and 8 - 8 ounce glasses of water per day) should be taken.

If a person is not having a bowel movement by the third or forth day it can be considered 'impacted' and you may have to go to the ER. Eight to 10 days is certainly getting serious and it's almost like a sewer system backing up because your body is not getting rid of toxins.

A bowel obstruction can result in the poo coming back up your GIT and out your mouth as excremental vomit.

Drink coffee and eat a high carb meal.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â