General Chat

AVFCLaura

We need a ''at work'' version of Villa Talk. Just plain black and white with no clue that this is a Villa Forum. So that when colleagues walk past my desk in the office they won't know I'm on here when I should be doing some work. 

Yes, this would be a great idea. Limpid, could such a theme be created? I imagine it might be tucked away for those who have donated as it would ideally be advertless.

The site is running at a loss at the moment as people can't/won't stop swearing. If we get the adverts back that cover the costs (or find another advertiser which isn't so PG), I'll see what I can do. I'm not going to pay out more than I am from my own pocket, sorry.

I'll give you £20 towards the site if you 'type' like a pirate for two weeks.

Avatar of you dressed as a pirate is part of the deal.

I was on a bus, had a bottle of water and was struggling to try and put things in my bag. I put the bottle down beside me but the bus suddenly jerked forward and it spilled out over the seat...! My shorts got a bit wet, I didn't want to face the person who would sit next to me at the next stop, so I got up and moved to another seat.

The look on the face of the person who sat there was a picture.

Am I bad?

And yes, they touched the damp patch and put their hand to their nose. Who on earth tests for piss like that??

To be fair, you were on the bus.

We need a ''at work'' version of Villa Talk. Just plain black and white with no clue that this is a Villa Forum. So that when colleagues walk past my desk in the office they won't know I'm on here when I should be doing some work.

Yes, this would be a great idea. Limpid, could such a theme be created? I imagine it might be tucked away for those who have donated as it would ideally be advertless.

The site is running at a loss at the moment as people can't/won't stop swearing. If we get the adverts back that cover the costs (or find another advertiser which isn't so PG), I'll see what I can do. I'm not going to pay out more than I am from my own pocket, sorry.

Swear jar?

Thanks for your generous offer.

What I don't get is why the advertisers would get so upset about things being said on the site, isn't the whole idea of advertising that they should try to appeal to us the potential consumers, not the other way around.

Swear jar?

I often get a mouthful from people when they get warned for swearing. I can't see them paying the swear jar. Even if they did it wouldn't get the advertiser back on side and that represents a lot of use of the swear jar.

Companies don't want to advertise somewhere that they think could harm their brand image.

Anyone advertising on VT needs to be happy with the risk that they'll be associated with DHUTWU. ;)

• Like 1

What I don't get is why the advertisers would get so upset about things being said on the site, isn't the whole idea of advertising that they should try to appeal to us the potential consumers, not the other way around.

It's the middle man who objects. I assume they assure the brand owner that their brand won't be associated with anything on a long list of acceptable things.

Thanks for your generous offer.

It's be great... "Arrrrrrggghhh sea mates, be gone the Facebaaaaaarrrrggghhh, Linux me ship mates, arrrggghhhh" 

It's be great... "Arrrrrrggghhh sea mates, be gone the Facebaaaaaarrrrggghhh, Linux me ship mates, arrrggghhhh"

Pirates never talked like that. You're confusing them with actors in films.

Companies don't want to advertise somewhere that they think could harm their brand image.

Anyone advertising on VT needs to be happy with the risk that they'll be associated with DHUTWU. ;)

We should try and get advertising from Vaseline.

"Next time you DHUTWU, use Vaseline!" 

• Like 2

I swear on the forum. A lot. Is there no way to expand the swear filter? IMO the clearing in the woods/rocket polishers approach is better and funnier than the **** approach.

Or does that not matter to Mr Ad Executive.

Another forum I post on even has an "at work" url, officeoffline.co.uk or something because the main url got blocked at quite a few members work places. :lol:

When living in London we formed our own 5 a side team - London Villa at the Mill Hill Power League. Got our asses kicked nearly every week, but it was a good laugh with a good group of lads. Got mentioned in the Villa Middlesbrough programme from the 08/09 season. That was the game where Sidwell did that horrendous back pass for Tuncay to score the winner late on. 

VT was TOXIC that night when he did that :lol:

• Like 2

I swear on the forum. A lot. Is there no way to expand the swear filter? IMO the clearing in the woods/rocket polishers approach is better and funnier than the **** approach.

Or does that not matter to Mr Ad Executive.

When the pop under ads and interstitials have to be introduced, please all remember that it was Eames' fault.

• Like 2

Pirates never talked like that. You're confusing them with actors in films.

It's how I imagine you talking.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â