General Chat

AVFCLaura

Just had a consultation for laser eye surgery. Booked in for LASIK in 3 weeks. Anyone on here had it done? Worth it?

I had it done a few years ago ... I've still got better than 20 20 vision

Op itself is painless bit squirmy when they use some form of vacuum to flatten your eye ... And don't be alarmed when you smell burning ... It's just your retina

I went to ultralase , no idea how they compare price wise to others but they were too notch ... I had the wave form variety so I don't get any halos at night time on lights

One thing I do notice is I seem to be more sensitive to bright sun light in the eyes but possibly I'm imagining that ...

• Like 1

How bad was your vision beforehand Tony?

Think it was minus 2 on one and minus 2.25 on the other

Don't think that is the issue with the eye surgery it's your level of astigmatism if I recall

Couple of weeks ago me and my mates started a Leisure League 6 a side team. Our first official game tomorrow, however have had a few games against uni students but the local league has just started again this weekend so we can go into that.

There are a few teams our age from what I have gathered but for the most part we're the youngest team in it so bit of a double edged sword really. Think we're going to be on the end of a few rapings.  -_-

Proper good laugh though! Anyone else play in it? Any tips? Think my tactical genius has settled on the 1-3-1 formation...  ;)

Couple of weeks ago me and my mates started a Leisure League 6 a side team. Our first official game tomorrow, however have had a few games against uni students but the local league has just started again this weekend so we can go into that.

There are a few teams our age from what I have gathered but for the most part we're the youngest team in it so bit of a double edged sword really. Think we're going to be on the end of a few rapings.  -_-

Proper good laugh though! Anyone else play in it? Any tips? Think my tactical genius has settled on the 1-3-1 formation...  ;)

I played in a league occasionally when I was a teenager. I was amazed at how many angry, aggressive dickheads were playing and basically looking for a fight. I'm talking about blokes 30+ with their wife and kids on the sidelines.

Have fun!  ;)

• Like 1

There are a few teams our age from what I have gathered but for the most part we're the youngest team in it so bit of a double edged sword really. Think we're going to be on the end of a few rapings. -_-

Proper good laugh though! Anyone else play in it? Any tips? Think my tactical genius has settled on the 1-3-1 formation... ;)

Forget formations. They'll go out the window from minute one. You don't need them in 6 aside.

Get your defending sorted and you'll be OK. Doesn't matter how good you are attacking (to an extent) if you can't defend in 6 aside you'll get torn apart.

Everyone marks someone at all times. If you're not marking someone and the other team have the ball, then you're in the wrong.

Its a great laugh either way. But in play on 2 teams. One team is good and we win a lot and we're just about to win our league.

The other team is **** dreadful and we lose pretty much every single week.

And let me tell you, the novelty of playing soon wears off when you're shit :D

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â