General Chat

AVFCLaura

Starsandstripes dive bombs the pool and renders the pool useless.

But not for about two years after everybody else got involved. :lol:

• Like 1

What spot in the UK would be remote enough to live in peace but still close enough to a major town in case one needs to do a bit of shopping?

I don't know, but that's the place I'd like to find myself. 

What spot in the UK would be remote enough to live in peace but still close enough to a major town in case one needs to do a bit of shopping?

presumably this remote place doesn't have Interweb to do all your shopping on ?

rugeley. We have cannock chase surrounding the town, you could get lost for months in the chase. Plus we have stafford just up the road and walsall, wolverhampton and brum not far. The main attraction is that your never more than 5 minutes away from mine.

rugeley. We have cannock chase surrounding the town, you could get lost for months in the chase. Plus we have stafford just up the road and walsall, wolverhampton and brum not far. The main attraction is that your never more than 5 minutes away from mine.

Bet you've taken advantage of the chase haven't ya? :P

I think it was Mark E Smith who said it best, 'Hit The North'. Some very picturesque countryside up this way, and plenty of towns and cities big enough for shopping etc. Depends on what you want to do / are doing for work, or how you'll be able to support yourself. After visiting a few times, I like the idea of living in Hebden Bridge, which is just about slap bang in the middle of Leeds & Manchester. 

• Like 1

Shropshire has loads of wilderness and small villages and isn't too far from Birmingham.

If you don't like people though I sometimes wonder if the city might be better as I imagine everyone leaves you alone, in Villages you have the thing where everybody knows everybodys' business sometimes you might feel under more scrutiny.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â