General Chat

AVFCLaura

Just waiting for our boat to take us over to Langkawi from Koh Lipe. Sea's looking a little choppy. Having a great time travelling though, despite yesterdays game. Have a great week off-topic.

Get off the bloody internet!

Why?

Share your adventures Shillzz!

Just waiting for our boat to take us over to Langkawi from Koh Lipe. Sea's looking a little choppy. Having a great time travelling though, despite yesterdays game. Have a great week off-topic.

Get off the bloody internet!

Why?

Share your adventures Shillzz!

Because I'm jealous.

The moment you get a text from your "boss" saying "what's happening.." because he has forgotten you are on holiday, yet he is denying ever giving permission.

Thank god I have it on text still!

The moment you get a text from your "boss" saying "what's happening.." because he has forgotten you are on holiday, yet he is denying ever giving permission.

Haha I nearly had that once.

My boss came to me on the day before I was off for nearly 3 weeks and asked me to do something that was clearly going to take a few days.

My reply was "You do remember that I'm off for 3 weeks from tomorrow?!"

His face was a picture!

Haha I nearly had that once.

My boss came to me on the day before I was off for nearly 3 weeks and asked me to do something that was clearly going to take a few days.

My reply was "You do remember that I'm off for 3 weeks from tomorrow?!"

His face was a picture!

This guy is such an idiot, apparently "week at the end of march" meant two weeks ago (he then brought up that I wasn't in when mum went to hospital).

Nice guy.

It's amazing how people like that work.

There's a guy in my office (the whistler).

He booked a week off with his boss in May.

A few weeks back he leaned over the partition and said to his boss (I sit opposite his boss so I heard every word) "Oh I've changed that week in May to a week at the end of March as I know that's easier for you"

Bear in mind that have his boss about a week's notice

His boss replied with (I paraphrase)

"That's actually not easier as Dave is away and I need you to fill in for him. The week in May was better. If you really need the March week off then go for it but I'd prefer it if it stayed in May"

Pretty reasonable I'd say.

Anyway, few days later and the whistler was (while his boss was out) raving about this. "Can't believe he wouldn't let me have that bloody week in march off. He let Dave have it off! Why can't I have it off?! I'd already booked a skip for the week as well so that's wasted!"

I felt like shouting at him. He DID let you have the week in March off if you really wanted it. He was totally reasonable! Dave asked for the week off first! The skip is your fault for booking something before you'd asked for the week off and only gave a week's notice!

Guy is an arsehole, but the thing is, I genuinely think he believes his course of events.

A new girl has started in my niece's class at school. She's an Indian immigrant and her name is... Swastika.

Isn't it originally an Indian religious symbol though? Just a case of reclaiming it for it's original meaning? 

A new girl has started in my niece's class at school. She's an Indian immigrant and her name is... Swastika.

Such Nazi parents :(

Isn't it originally an Indian religious symbol though? Just a case of reclaiming it for it's original meaning? 

It's a perfectly normal name in India. I guess they didn't know what it is associated with in Europe when they named her, or didn't see themselves moving to the UK. 

Its pronounced Shaniqua.

Try telling that to a classroom full of 11 year olds! 

It's a perfectly normal name in India. I guess they didn't know what it is associated with in Europe when they named her, or didn't see themselves moving to the UK. 

Its pronounced Shaniqua.

Try telling that to a classroom full of 11 year olds! 

Just sit her next to that nice Hammerandsickle, he'll look after her. 

• Like 2

If history is anything to go by then surely Swastika would attack Hammerandsickle during the dinner break, look like she is about to win but then realise she forgot to put her coat on and get distracted by the cold weather for long enough for Hammerandsickle to mount a comeback of epic proportions? 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â