General Chat

AVFCLaura

I'd hate to work with numbers. I enjoyed maths, it was fun. But it'd make me feel old as ****.

Not my forte at all, I'm sending it to a numbers guy, a huge deal in my company and I have the most horrible feeling... Deadline about to expire, too late to ask anyone to check it over. Make or break to be fair.

I will be nervous all evening waiting for his reply.

And I can use the term 'Gross Profit %' to be a description of that?

I am doing a huge project for the son of the owner of the company I work for, so just want to make sure everything is spot on.

Yes, sort of.

Gross Profit Margin is

(Total sales - Total cost of Sales) / Total Sales *100

So if everything costs the same sells for the same price then you can multiply your profit margin (per unit) by total units sold to get GPM. But if everythin costs different amounts and sells for different prices, you need to do the formula above.

Best to call it % margin then? As I have no sales information, just cost and sale price analysis.

Call it profit margin. If it's for one item then it's profit margin.

Gross Profit means (or implies at least) the profit for the whole company

Stevo with some big knowledge. Do my business exam for me. Please...please, they won't know.

Haha, i got an A at A level for business studies. In fact i got 580 out of 600 on that silly UPM score or whatever it's called. So I'd probably do a decent job ;)

Don't make the same mistake I did. One of my exes did that to me whilst I was watching the football, just thrusted the magazine in my face and said "what do you think of this?" my instinctively reply of "I would" wasn't exactly what she was expecting.

I am bored. Any suggestiuons for fun indoor activities (And please nothing obviously preverted!)

Wii downhill slalom. Right up your street :)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â