General Chat

AVFCLaura

After been fairly ill after the gym yesterday I went to the doctors who spent all of two minutes to tell me ah yeah its a virus...take some nurophen and paracetamol and plentynof rest ....that will be 50 euro please ......50 quid for 2 minutes work ffs!!!! And then the problems trying to buy ibuprofen at the chemist swear I looked like a junkie or something

that will be 50 euro please ......50 quid for 2 minutes work ffs!!!!

Which is why I have to be pretty much dying before I'll give any of those bastards a penny. A&E is worse @ €100.

What if real life... is someone's mind palace?

Simulated reality is the hypothesis that reality could be simulated—for example by computer simulation—to a degree indistinguishable from "true" reality, and may in fact be such a simulation. It could contain conscious minds which may or may not be fully aware that they are living inside a simulation.

Simulated reality 

After realizing that the mind palace thing is Sherlock is real, I've looked it up and decided it could be useful for my exams in June. Anyone ever tried using such a technique? 

I have and do still use Method of loci to form a imagined A to Z of Birmingham in my mind (Which is a difficult thing to do when they keep changing things :)) and also have had to use it at times to store certain information; codes, dates, names, faces etc.

It does take practice and going out and experiencing things can help with your spatial memory in a sensory sense.

To put it simply, obviously practice improves it so if you sit down and visualise a structure and organise the information you want to store in to certain areas and keep practicing and going over what you've put where and why, things will start sticking and you'll be able to build up more and more information.

• Like 1

After realizing that the mind palace thing is Sherlock is real, I've looked it up and decided it could be useful for my exams in June. Anyone ever tried using such a technique?

I don't think you'll be able to learn it by June mate.

I'm willing to give it a go, I'll get reading up on it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â