General Chat

AVFCLaura

What are the good people of VT buying the females in their life for Christmas? I really have no idea what to get :-/

As was revealed this week, women's brains are wired differently to men's.

I found this out some years ago when I bought my girlfriend a video-recorder and she gave me a photograph of herself.

For some reason the relationship didn't last.

my gf would happily set a budget of £30 each if she could, fortunately im now at that stage of the relationship where you just buy your own and have her wrap it

i'll always try and get her a blu ray of a film that she wanted to see at the cinema but I didn't (last 2 years have been water for elephants and my week with Marilyn) and a cd on the cheap (which is usually a guilty pleasure of mine too)

Mine is a very new relationship so I'm really struggling with what I should buy. We're not even "official", but I'm going to get her something. 

Just need to make sure I hit the right level of gift.

So far I've narrowed it down to something less than a diamond ring, but more than a book token.

Depends how new obviously but you can never go wrong with a Jo Malone candle, girlies seem to love them but its not overly personal. 

I have to say that if there is one thing I look forward to at Christmas is seeing her indoors unwrap the mountains of girlie stuff she gets from her pals and colleagues, who are narcissistic enough to believe that whatever they like others obviously like too.

Taking it down to the charity shop is as much part of Christmas as the smell of turkey. :D  

Mine is a very new relationship so I'm really struggling with what I should buy. We're not even "official", but I'm going to get her something. 

So far I've narrowed it down to something less than a diamond ring, but more than a book token.

Depends how new obviously but you can never go wrong with a Jo Malone candle, girlies seem to love them but its not overly personal. 

I have no idea what that is, but thanks :)

Edit: After googling, it's just a scented candle? But one that costs £40?

Ehhhh...

my-wife-kids-ehh-no-o.gif

... no

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Giving money is more expensive though.

You can get away with a cheap(er) present as long as it's thoughtful.

If you give money I always feel like you need to give more.

Oh yeah, definitely.

My post was slightly tongue in cheek anyway :P

I have no idea what that is, but thanks :)

Edit: After googling, it's just a scented candle? But one that costs £40?

Ehhhh...

my-wife-kids-ehh-no-o.gif

... no

Fair enough, its not really my cup of tea but women folk seem to rave about Jo Malone and its never steered me wrong

Remember when I said about my bitch sister?

Well, I agreed on Sunday that on Monday, I would donate £10 to a charity she supports. Anyway, it gets to Monday and my card isn't working (Natwest!) and I can't donate, try again Tuesday and it is the same, I then work all morning Wednesday and leave, go straight to the game. So, I get home last night and find she has posted a facebook status about me saying "So, he is alive then, shame he doesn't want to donate to the charity of the girl who died recently.."

Quite a few messages on there calling me selfish and heartless, she has literally gone straight to facebook.

Not once has she text or messaged me (she knows who I bank with FWIW)

I am seething.

Edit: No **** way am I donating now, no matter the cause.

Edited by dodgyknees

Well, I agreed on Sunday that on Monday, I would donate £10 to a charity she supports. Anyway, it gets to Monday and my card isn't working (Natwest!) and I can't donate, try again Tuesday and it is the same, I then work all morning Wednesday and leave, go straight to the game. So, I get home last night and find she has posted a facebook status about me saying "So, he is alive then, shame he doesn't want to donate to the charity of the girl who died recently.."

Quite a few messages on there calling me selfish and heartless, she has literally gone straight to facebook.

I am seething.

What an utter shit bag

You are.

• Like 2

I am seething.

What an utter shit bag

You are.

Evil word removed me ;)

BOF, I don't use FB anymore - but my friend who is her friend too showed me it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â