General Chat

AVFCLaura

It would make more sense to market it as somewhere you should also go to. Americans are used to huge distances. A 118 mile road trip is nothing to them especially since they're already a long way from home at that point. That article will probably achieve that anyway. You won't stop people going to London, nor should you. But letting them know there's somewhere else worth visiting is only common sense.

Yeah bof I found that weird.

We went to a house party about an hour and a half away and the guys mum was happy to pick us up, drive that hour and a half then collect us again.

I can't imagine randomly going to a house party in Manchester, and getting my mum to drive there and back.

I was thinking about that island mentality. Dublin seems ages away, but it's really a two hour trip, and two hours is nothing for Americans or mainland Europeans.

Anyway I'd tell tourists to give Birmingham a miss and go straight to Manchester.

hs9Kh.jpg

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

It's like saying: "Forget New York City - Des Moines, Iowa is a WAY better tourist destination".

Did London invent metal?

Does London have the Villa?

No?

This American will gladly take Birmingham over London.

• Like 2

Yeah bof I found that weird.

We went to a house party about an hour and a half away and the guys mum was happy to pick us up, drive that hour and a half then collect us again.

I can't imagine randomly going to a house party in Manchester, and getting my mum to drive there and back.

It's strange in New England.

There are times I'll think nothing about driving two or three hours.

But then there'll be times when the next town over may as well be Outer Mongolia.

I think the extortionate fuel prices in this country play a part.

A friend of mine and her boyfriend were over from Australia and they had gotten a rental car. The guy's face dropped when I told him the price of petrol here.

61p per litre last night...

For comparison, you can get it for £1.26 per litre here at the moment (€1.48). 

Did London invent metal?

Can you invent metal?   :unsure:

Osbournium.

Although it's not.

It's like saying, 'don't go to New York, go to Chicago'.

This.

Second city and all that.

Plus, Brum is twinned with Chicago.

Chicago is only known as the second city as it is the second Chicago, as the first burned down.

To advise someone to go to Chicago instead of New York isn't as bad as Birmingham instead of London. Chicago is just as interesting and beautiful as New York imo, without all the major tourist attractions such as Empire State building, Statue of Liberty etc. Birmingham isn't anywhere near London.

Although that might just be because Chicago is my favourite city.

• Like 1

61p per litre last night...

For comparison, you can get it for £1.26 per litre here at the moment (€1.48).

Apparently the petrol prices in my town are a little below the national average and the cheapest place to get petrol in town is £1.29 per litre.

Wouldn't New York really be the second city as Washington is the capital?

Cough DC is the capital

and Philadelphia should be the Capital really  ..Liberty bell , Founding Fathers  and all that

Edited by tonyh29

Cough DC is the capital

and Philadelphia should be the Capital really  ..Liberty bell , Founding Fathers  and all that

And the home of Rocky Balboa.

Cough DC is the capital

And the home of Rocky Balboa.

for shame I ran up the stairs and did the pose  .. mind you I had just beaten my 2 mates at Crazy golf so I think i was entitled to

For a while this woman would come over from the New York office maybe every other month, sometimes more often and as she always had some kind of an IT related problem, so after helping her out one time she knew my name and we got on well so every time after that she was over, she'd call or email me to help her.

She left the company a few months ago so I hadn't seen since then so I was just thinking "I wonder what happened to her?"... It seems she is now 'starring' in one of these 'docu-soaps' where they follow some rich family about as if anyone actually cares.

TEQUILA_SISTERS_-_TVGN.jpg

The one in blue.

Well that's my new claim to fame B)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â