General Chat

AVFCLaura

The sale of my business got the final stamp of approval yesterday and my best mate has done his thirty years in the Police so both of us I guess have hit the blue rinse brigade early.

He doesn't want anymore responsibility and I don't want to cut or strim another garden so it's stocking shelves in Tesco for the both of us. :P

Congrats. I suppose you'll be feeling a mixture of elation and an odd sort of nostalgia at this point?

Happy to look forward to the future, but it will no doubt be a big shift after such a sustained period of working?

Yeah mate thanks for that. Feeling kinda weird today. Want to sit on a beach, look at the waves and contemplate what i'm going to do next as apparently 'the ocean has no memory' from 'Shawshank Redemption.'

The sale of my business got the final stamp of approval yesterday and my best mate has done his thirty years in the Police so both of us I guess have hit the blue rinse brigade early.

He doesn't want anymore responsibility and I don't want to cut or strim another garden so it's stocking shelves in Tesco for the both of us. :P

So gardening was your trade?

Yes mate.

That or he cut a lot of pubes

My favourite plant.

Can u smoke it ?

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Did i? It's about a holiday park in Devon and we were down there for a stag do at the time. I'm fairly sure we'll be heavily featured in one of the episodes cause the synopsis specifically mentioned 'rowdy guests' and the cameras followed us everywhere, interviewed us loads etc.

I don't get how people live off benefits and do nothing all day. I've been off for 4 days and I can't wait to go back to back. Bored shitless.

I live in an area full of people like that and I think the answer is that they go to asda, walk around with their bad tattoos out and kids they had when they were 16, smoke, complain about the government (which they know nothing about), and smell.

• Like 1

I don't get how people live off benefits and do nothing all day. I've been off for 4 days and I can't wait to go back to back. Bored shitless.

I'm off this week and next. Quite happy to be :thumb:

I always get excited to be off, then I'm bored within days.

If I had no good reason to stay at home (i.e. sickness, invalidity etc as some genuinely do) then I wouldn't be able to sit there doing nothing.  I am however quite capable of lying there doing nothing on weekends or days off.  But that's cuz I know I'm back to the routine at some point in the near future.  I do tend to only take annual leave if I've something to do though.  I hate wasting them.

If I had no good reason to stay at home (i.e. sickness, invalidity etc as some genuinely do) then I wouldn't be able to sit there doing nothing.  I am however quite capable of lying there doing nothing on weekends or days off.  But that's cuz I know I'm back to the routine at some point in the near future.  I do tend to only take annual leave if I've something to do though.  I hate wasting them.

Yeah that's fair. If I have 1 day off or a weekend then I find it easier to lounge around. But a whole week. Urgh.

I have weekends off as well as one day in the week. This year it's a Wednesday. On Tuesday night I'll plan what museums I'll go to, what book I'll take around with me sometimes I'll know where I'll have lunch. 

By Wednesday, 6pm...I'll have been playing FIFA for 6 hours.

I live in an area full of people like that and I think the answer is that they go to asda, walk around with their bad tattoos out and kids they had when they were 16, smoke, complain about the government (which they know nothing about), and smell.

Up here, they like nothing more than to drink cans of Fosters on their doorsteps.

Whilst tinkering with their horse trap cart things.

And their horse.

In the street.

I shit you not.

Edited by StigVillan

Up here, they like nothing more than to drink cans of Fosters on their doorsteps.

Whilst tinkering with their horse trap cart things.

And their horse.

In the street.

I shit you not.

It's like going back in time then?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â