General Chat

AVFCLaura

My boss again, I could do with some advice. (This is one of three jobs, I work 15 hours p/w) you might have read the issues from before, which is what number 2 relates to

1) Apparently I have technical issues, my phone always breaks (my Samsung did, I got a replacement, but apparently every single phone is broken) my laptop is broken (this is the one I am on at the moment) and I have "technical" issues. Right. (As he sits there moaning because he cannot get on the internet and then begs to use my phone as a connection... yeah)

2) The rain issue last week, his comment on that "There is something wrong with you, we have had a heatwave all week" - erm.. yeah.

3) Apparently I am supposed to be available and must answer to him 24/7... "I tried ringing you at 1 in the morning, it was important, but don't worry..."

He is constantly saying "there is something wrong with you."!!! I went to a funeral a few weeks back, his comment was "Any more funerals coming up?" and of course, him ringing me when on holiday!!!!

I need some advice, I am quite a nice person (I come across as a prat on here, I'm just good at posting too quickly sometimes!) but I genuinely do not want to snap back so I need advice?

DHUTWU

The guy is a 66 year old Spurs fan, I'll let you do it. ;)

Well my next idea was to call him a word removed.

• Like 1

Seriously you need that and try and keep any "evidence" like phone records etc

It sounds shitty but trust me even with this shit hole Gvmt removing workers rights, you will have enough to evidence to bring a case against them.

My boss again, I could do with some advice. (This is one of three jobs, I work 15 hours p/w) you might have read the issues from before, which is what number 2 relates to

1) Apparently I have technical issues, my phone always breaks (my Samsung did, I got a replacement, but apparently every single phone is broken) my laptop is broken (this is the one I am on at the moment) and I have "technical" issues. Right. (As he sits there moaning because he cannot get on the internet and then begs to use my phone as a connection... yeah)

2) The rain issue last week, his comment on that "There is something wrong with you, we have had a heatwave all week" - erm.. yeah.

3) Apparently I am supposed to be available and must answer to him 24/7... "I tried ringing you at 1 in the morning, it was important, but don't worry..."

He is constantly saying "there is something wrong with you."!!! I went to a funeral a few weeks back, his comment was "Any more funerals coming up?" and of course, him ringing me when on holiday!!!!

I need some advice, I am quite a nice person (I come across as a prat on here, I'm just good at posting too quickly sometimes!) but I genuinely do not want to snap back so I need advice?

DHUTWU

Certainly a good option, should always be the first port of call.

Alternatively, if it's only a 15 hours a week job, and you have others, then you should be able to hold some authority over the matter. It doesn't sound like this is the kind of irreplaceable job that you can't afford to lose. If you can afford to lose the job, or are atleast optimistic about getting a suitable replacement, then tell your boss about your concerns. Perhaps even drop an ultimatum into the equation.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpS74BKoOmg

Cheers Drat! I'll keep it all :)

Just wish I could do more writing for the local paper, absolutely love doing temp work for them and so much better than the other jobs I do (including this one above!).

DHUTWU

Certainly a good option, should always be the first port of call.

Alternatively, if it's only a 15 hours a week job, and you have others, then you should be able to hold some authority over the matter. It doesn't sound like this is the kind of irreplaceable job that you can't afford to lose. If you can afford to lose the job, or are atleast optimistic about getting a suitable replacement, then tell your boss about your concerns. Perhaps even drop an ultimatum into the equation.

The problem the missus and I have is that the IW is bloody expensive to live on (ok, everywhere is expensive, but just getting off this place costs £30 for a day ticket) we are trying to save for a better place so we can have a family (Aston for a boy, bang on!) and so I am working as hard as I can and doing as much as I can. One of the other jobs is not regular, but is a good income (actually, can we include Mystery shopping? if so, 4 jobs!) meh, maybe this explains why I am so bloody grumpy too :P

I'm looking at applying for the BBCJTS scheme and getting to the mainland... closer to VP.. :)

Doesn't sound like there are any easy answers dude.

If it was me, which it isn't, but if it was I'd be spending my time pleading for more work at the paper and applying for other jobs. Your boss sounds like a grade A pancake flipper and it appears like he's causing you more stress than it's worth. 

Doesn't sound like there are any easy answers dude.

If it was me, which it isn't, but if it was I'd be spending my time pleading for more work at the paper and applying for other jobs. Your boss sounds like a grade A pancake flipper and it appears like he's causing you more stress than it's worth. 

You could console yourself with the thought that at 66 he isn't going to be working for much longer

Seriously you need that and try and keep any "evidence" like phone records etc

It sounds shitty but trust me even with this shit hole Gvmt removing workers rights, you will have enough to evidence to bring a case against them.

Thissety this this.  Assuming your boss is just making stuff up regarding things like broken phones, time off, being available 24/7* etc. it becomes his word against yours when it comes to a head at some point in the future.  Having a timeline is essential not only as evidence but because you won't be able to call stuff off the top of your head in any kind of confrontation when it happens.

Put it this way, it's best to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.  If your boss is enough of a dickhead to be doing what he's doing then he's enough of a dickhead to make future employment for you more difficult in terms of giving references and recommendations.

* your contract should clear that one up easy enough.

I just read through the confession thread again.

The moral dilemma is awful. Which is worse? Having regular sex with a blood relative or cheating on your partner for 10 years? I'm genuinely stumped.

• Like 1

I imagine Morpheus sitting there, looking over his fiance's shoulder, sweating profusely, while the Jaws theme plays in the background as she clicks off topic and scrolls down the page...

Just as she clicks on the confessions thread, hammer meets skull.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â