General Chat

AVFCLaura

Sorry to hear about your friend.

On the subject of your boss/co-worker, can't you tell them to '**** off' when it's either (a) the weekend, (b )lunch time or ( c) your holiday? Might be wise to turn off your work phone during those periods and politely remind them that you are not paid to do a job during those periods and will therefore not be available and not be taking any responsibility.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Having a hard time right now. Lost a really good mate of mine recently and it hit me very hard, I've felt low since. He was my age and much fitter and stronger than me.

Yet he has gone. :(

To make matters worse I took my first holiday in 18 months a few weeks back and my boss was texting and phoning me because they (he and another employee) need me to hold their **** hands.

Went to lunch for my partners holiday and left phones in hotel room, got back to find 14 missed calls and numerous texts telling me I am hard to get hold of...

Last night an email with him telling me he can never get hold of me.

Its pissing me off a lot tbh. Just having a shit time as it is.

(Which is where my recent negativity has come from, apologies all!).

I'm sorry you lost a friend. I know that isn't easy

Your boss can go suck donkey balls (respectively) this is YOUR time so you should be hard to get a hold of.

I hope you find something to cheer you up. QUICK!

Also, I am still at work and won't be doing much....again....this weekend. So everyone calm down. Sometimes even the coolest people have a weekend with no fun. :)

Cheers guys, I've tried turning the phone off, last time I had 5 voice mails, truly ridiculous. I've applied for a few jobs this week and hope for some positive outcomes, a villa win would be nice too.

Is it not something you can talk about with your boss? Or would something like that seriously jeopardise your position there? Good move on looking for new jobs, make sure you call him a word removed to his face before you leave.

I've tried, he seems to think I should be available when he needs something. :(

Before I leave I'll do a Poyet.

(No, not really)

(Or maybe...)

Some reprobate wandered up and down the adjacent street for the last half an hour or so, shouting, "I'm der man. I'll fight any of ye who'll come out on to the street. I'm der man." Sounds like he then banged on various front doors trying to encourage people to join him in his personal showdown scenario(s).

Seems as though the police have turned up and he isn't, any more, 'der man'. In fact he sounded a very quietly spoken, apologetic chap no longer shouting and calling out anyone around.

I know Wilde called consistency the last refuge of the unimaginative but still...

• Like 1

Just bought a bottle of water after the football cos I'm a little dehydrated. Opened the bottle only to find it's sparkling water :(. Does sparkling water only exist because people buy it by mistake?

Yes.

Sparkling water is horrible, no taste and it just fizzes, it's like trying to drink air.

• Like 1

Decided to get Sky back in when they were offering 25% off for the next year and was really looking forward to the game today but it wasn't that we lost, it was the manner in which we lost that has left me in a rotten mood. So going to get pissed on a bottle of Vodka tonight even though the better half has told me i'm for it when we get to bed tonight.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â