General Chat

AVFCLaura

I'm a bit freaked by my memory of this book - I'm fairly sure there was a bit of Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks but some sort of bio on Mick McManus?

Big section on skiing too, not that dicking about on snow really counts as a proper sport!

I'm a bit freaked by my memory of this book - I'm fairly sure there was a bit of Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks but some sort of bio on Mick McManus?

Big section on skiing too, not that dicking about on snow really counts as a proper sport!

Don't say that if you ever in Norway! They are quite serious about their winter "sports".

He he Didn't realise somebody died in the ring after Big Daddy belly slammed him !! Daddy wasn't blamed but it was the beginning if the end Edited by tonyh29

Anyway, his funeral is next week. I've never been to the funeral of a friend before. Do you go to either the removal or the funeral mass, or both? It's just that I don't drive, so I'd be relying on my father to drive me there which would be a 2.5 hour round trip. I'm guessing I would be going to one or the other. Which is the better option?
Given what you said afterwards about how close you were, I'd probably go to both. It's what you want though. A school friend of mine died recently and I just went to the funeral mass.

Does anyone over the age of 12 like this american style wrestling stuff?

I was at the football yesterday and two kids were talking about it but they looked mid teens, really surprised me they'd still be into it.

• Like 1

Does anyone over the age of 12 like this american style wrestling stuff? I was at the football yesterday and two kids were talking about it but they looked mid teens, really surprised me they'd still be into it.
I think you are about right with age for people that like wrestling. Thankfully I've never seen American wrestling but going back 30 years I seem to recall the uk wrestling on world of sport was frequented by old ladies shouting at the "bad" wrestlers but maybe they were a crowd setup ( setups in wrestling ... Never !! ) They all came to Woking one night when I was around 9 or 10 , ... Did the scripted wrestling and bad guy routine , then big daddy came into the ring to chants of "easy" and "knocked" all the bad guys out... The crowd lapped it up Giant Haystacks was actuallyy a nice bloke when he signed autographs afterwards but Big Daddy had people queing around the block to get his autograph , everyone loved him for some reason Edited by tonyh29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5RDQCTOsXA

From the wrestler who made UFC look easy.

He made it look easy? Velasquez beat the shit out of him in 1 round. And Overeem, for that matter. Easy my arse. He did okay, but some proper fighters put him on his arse within a couple of minutes, and made him look like an amateur.

Edited by Davkaus

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5RDQCTOsXA

And who was a total failure at American football.

Your point being?

By your logic, that proves American football > wrestling.

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5RDQCTOsXA

And who was a total failure at American football.

Your point being?

By your logic, that proves American football > wrestling.

I wonder if he makes a good cup of tea? Because if he doesn't...

Tea making > American football > wrestling.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â