General Chat

AVFCLaura

I believe that in Vermont (which despite its generally rather left-wing attitudes, has the loosest gun control regimen (which is to say: absolutely none, ever, to the point that it's a crime for state/local law enforcement to assist the federal government in enforcing federal gun laws) in the US) stating that anywhere in the world makes better cheese than Vermont makes it justifiable homicide.

That is one unnecessarily **** up sentence.

62 words (not counting hyphen/slash/abbreviation expansions) is not that **** up.

Anyone had Gubbeen cheese from Southern Ireland?

Beautiful. Smells like bigfoots dick, but tastes incredible (as, I'm sure, does bigfoot's dick(to save someone else the bother))

Edam and Gouda > All

No. No, no, no, no, no. 

The cheese equivalent of cooking sherry. 

The New England Yankee breakfast is the one true breakfast:

Apple pie covered in maple syrup

Extra sharp (minimum 2 years aging) cheddar cheese

I could go for that. 

• Like 1

Edam and Gouda > All

No. No, no, no, no, no. 

The cheese equivalent of cooking sherry. 

You don't know what you're talking about! I could eat Gouda all day.

Got back from a few days at my maternal summer house...

IMG_20130722_192133.jpg

The fog rolling in from the ocean over the pond

IMG_20130722_192536.jpg

A few minutes later, down at the dock

IMG_20130722_131759.jpg

The general vicinity of said summer house

A bit chuffed that, even with my advancing years, I can still swim the 500 meters across the pond to the ocean beach, even if it's not as easy as it was 20-odd years ago when I first did it.

Edited by leviramsey
  • Like 1

If I don't get something like a normal night's sleep tonight I won't be able to function tomorrow. It's a week since I've slept for more than 3 hours a night, and some of those were zero. Lack of energy makes me feel a ton weight, my eyes are constantly stinging and I know my driving awareness is becoming affected. This is what persistent heat does to me :) Trouble is I seriously doubt I'll get that sleep.

No air conditioning?

Whatever happened to Malcolm Everall? My old sparring partner. We used to seriously piss each other off, it was great fun (though maybe not for the mods here and at H&V). I had an exchange with him on Facebook a long time ago after his ban(?) and we made peace.

But then I head he wasn't very well? I can't find him on FB now, anybody know?

Whatever happened to Malcolm Everall? My old sparring partner. We used to seriously piss each other off, it was great fun (though maybe not for the mods here and at H&V). I had an exchange with him on Facebook a long time ago after his ban(?) and we made peace.

He passed away a few weeks ago mate. Sudden heartfailure i beleve

Sounds familiar. Did he used to post on Vital Villa?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I just got a call from an Indian woman called Rachel who works at the 'technical department' at Windows. I laughed and put the phone down but I think I should have played along with her for a bit. 

I've done that......

Me: Oh that sounds serious..... I'll load up the computer.

Me: Oh hang on, Windows is configuring updates. 1 of 3. It'll just take a minute 

My record is over 23 minutes with the bloke on the phone. 

:D 

I just got a call from an Indian woman called Rachel who works at the 'technical department' at Windows. I laughed and put the phone down but I think I should have played along with her for a bit. 

We quite often get calls at work from people who 'work for British Telecomms'. Despite working for British Telecomms, for some reason, they still feel the need to ask me what package we're on.

Hmmmmmm.

Sounds familiar. Did you used to post on Vital Villa?

Me or DDID? I didn't for what its worth

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â