General Chat

AVFCLaura

I'm told you should drink that Indian coconut stuff (lasse?), or milk.

Not that I know or care.

A lassi is just a watered down yogurt, drinking yogurt essentially. They put salt in it or fruit and the natural bacteria helps preventstomach issues which can be a problem when eating street food in India :P

The Turks have a similar drink.

Ah yes, ayran.

It takes some gettıng used to though. I fell ınto the trap of thınkıng ıt was mılk once and poured ıt over my cereal. Tasted rank nabasty.

Over tıme you get used to ıt and ıt goes well wıth a döner.

yeah and me, ive actually watched MvF that much that i can kind of tell when he doesnt actually like something, some of them, especially the big burger challenges look rank, this one in detroit (?) where he got a team to try and eat it was shocking

Man-v-Food.jpg

ive seen the nascar one on vegas, there was a lot of people stood round watching 3 guys trying to do it, and it was huge

Edited by villa4europe

Good day today! Had a promotion! Whoo!

I remember once upon a time there was a thread on VT about how much you earn. Someone in that thread said they have always lived by a rule that they should earn a higher salary than their age. (obviously 21yrs = 21k etc). That really stuck with me as I wasn't earning anything like my age at the time but I've finally gone above and beyond it.

So yeah, whoever said that, nice one, gave me a goal to achieve!  :thumb: 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4

Ever since watching Man vs Food I've wanted to do a food tour of America. 

tbh American food ain't that great  .. don't get me wrong i'm not talking fine dinning and stuff  ..I'm talking your general day to day holiday living

their prawns all seem to taste like they are farmed and they can't make a decent cheese if their life depended on it and the eggs are a bit meh as well

not that it stopped me demolishing cheeseburgers on our trip

I approve of their love of eggs with everything :) I'd approve of their love of cheese if they could only make cheese. I believe some parts of Wisconsin are embracing Euro-esque cheese-making so there's hope yet. It's also curious that neither America nor Canada cut bacon the way we do. They either go one side (skinnier) or the other. Both have their charms though. America does know steak though. Of that there's no doubt.

I approve of their love of eggs with everything :) I'd approve of their love of cheese if they could only make cheese. I believe some parts of Wisconsin are embracing Euro-esque cheese-making so there's hope yet. It's also curious that neither America nor Canada cut bacon the way we do. They either go one side (skinnier) or the other. Both have their charms though. America does know steak though. Of that there's no doubt.

yeah how could I forget their bad bacon

Edited by tonyh29

Going back to fry-ups, I hate egg, black pudding, tinned tomatoes and mushrooms so they're a bit shit for me.

I think your preferred version of a fry-up is known as a bacon sandwich. Or Sausage, you might love sausage rather than bacon.

That leaves sausages, rashers, white pudding, beans, toast and a hash brown (or 'a grease sponge' as I call it). Still a fairly substantial brekkie.

That leaves sausages, rashers, white pudding, beans, toast and a hash brown (or 'a grease sponge' as I call it). Still a fairly substantial brekkie.

Good point, well made BOF, don't bother looking at anything written above your comment, nothing to see, just people being facetious, childish in my opinion. We're better off without those types :)

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â