General Chat

AVFCLaura

I'm fairly confident I could do all of those.

There's a 72 oz challenge on the COv road near me (I forget the name of it, some Piri Piri place) and I'm sure I could do that too.

Fair play to you, I think I could give them a 'right good go' and do 'really fine' too in regards to the quantity. The only thing would be the time limit for me, I'm a slow eater and enjoy my food so I think I'd struggle shovelling it all down.

Obviously I understand why they have the time limits otherwise people would be taking all day to get it for free :)

If I don't get something like a normal night's sleep tonight I won't be able to function tomorrow. It's a week since I've slept for more than 3 hours a night, and some of those were zero. Lack of energy makes me feel a ton weight, my eyes are constantly stinging and I know my driving awareness is becoming affected. This is what persistent heat does to me :) Trouble is I seriously doubt I'll get that sleep.

There's a place on the Stratford Road called 'Crust' that does food challenges and one of them's a breakfast

http://ilovecrust.com/home.php

manvcrust.png

I'm fairly confident I could do all of those.

There's a 72 oz steak challenge on the COv road near me (I forget the name of it, some Piri Piri place) and I'm sure I could do that too.

I thought" Hollywood science"  did an experiment  that eating a 72 oz steak in one go would kill you  .. unless you were the size of John Candy

I ordered the 50 chicken wings in Hooters once thinking it would be a doddle

even with help from my 2 mates I think we struggled .. mind you they were bastard hot spicy which didn't help

If I don't get something like a normal night's sleep tonight I won't be able to function tomorrow. It's a week since I've slept for more than 3 hours a night, and some of those were zero. Lack of energy makes me feel a ton weight, my eyes are constantly stinging and I know my driving awareness is becoming affected. This is what persistent heat does to me :) Trouble is I seriously doubt I'll get that sleep.

This is what you need

1221big.jpg

He'll help you sleep no problem...it emits sleeping gas fumes when you squeeze it.

Yeah we trie da hot wing thing in Sports Cafe in Leeds once.

We had a basket each but gave the birthday boy 3 baskets.

They were honestly the hottest things I've ever tasted. I've had some pretty hot curries in my time (I'm no expert but I like a hot one). Bt nothing compares to whatever was on these wings. Insanely spicy.

I just about managed my basket, and the birthday boy managed one basket, and then together we made decent progress on his second. No-one else even got close though

I've only ever tried one of those challenges once - in Harry Ramsden's restaurant (the original one in Guiseley, when it was still good, and long, long before it was a chain).

Double portions of the (huge) jumbo haddock, chips, mushy peas and bread and butter.

I managed all the fish, peas and bread, and most of the chips, but there were so many of them - and they were quite dry - that they defeated me in the end.

BTW the prize for doing it would have been a free sticky toffee pudding...   :)

• Like 1

I find beer makes them less hot.

I've killed myself on a couple of curries because I felt the need to sip a beer.  I know water opens your taste buds so I assumed beer does the same.

Dave Lister says lager is the only thing that'll kill a vindaloo. He's wrong :) I do find a lager to be lovely with a vindaloo but it does precious little for the heat. Similarly, I also wouldn't say it makes things appreciably worse though.

The Waffle Ice-cream Tower would be the one, imagine the brain freeze!?

I think, along with what MJ said about dry chips, the food they serve is not the easiest to eat either, greasy cheese (Behave) bloaty bread etc. It's almost as if they don't want you to get it for free the crafty ones! Or is this just a conspiracy?

The best thing I've found to have as an accompanying beverage to eating something hot is Goat's Milk, the goat's never that pleased though.

I'm told you should drink that Indian coconut stuff (lasse?), or milk.

Not that I know or care.

A lassi is just a watered down yogurt, drinking yogurt essentially. They put salt in it or fruit and the natural bacteria helps preventstomach issues which can be a problem when eating street food in India :P

The Turks have a similar drink.

I'm told you should drink that Indian coconut stuff (lasse?), or milk.

Not that I know or care.

A lassi is just a watered down yogurt, drinking yogurt essentially. They put salt in it or fruit and the natural bacteria helps preventstomach issues which can be a problem when eating street food in India :P

The Turks have a similar drink.

Ah, yes. I was thinking of kulfi.

Don't like that, either.

Staying on Indian or more generally Asian cooking for a mo'. They say asafoetida is an anti-flatulent ingredient. Rob might be able to chip in here but I've yet to find that meself.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â