General Chat

AVFCLaura

I really dislike the black pudding you get at some places.

Hard to describe, but it's sort of really fine. Proper black pudding should be chunky and crumbly

This is good

ClonakiltyPudds-9893.jpg

This is not so good

20081125BlackPudding.jpg

• Like 1

Hard to describe, but it's sort of really fine. Proper black pudding should be chunky and crumbly

This is good

ClonakiltyPudds-9893.jpg

This is not so good

20081125BlackPudding.jpg

Generally the top one would be the less quality product as its bulked out with a hell of a lot of other ingredients like barley or oatmeal ...I have had really expensive stuff and it was basically like a pate  

But when the core ingredient is pig's blood, I gotta say I don't mind some oatmeal :) It's like people buying sausages based on the 'pork' percentage. Hmmm, mechanically separated connective tissue, eyelids and arseholes is not the kind of 'pork' I want my sossie loaded with :)

This is good

ClonakiltyPudds-9893.jpg

This is not so good

20081125BlackPudding.jpg

Generally the top one would be the less quality product as its bulked out with a hell of a lot of other ingredients like barley or oatmeal ...I have had really expensive stuff and it was basically like a pate  

I'm not sure that's strictly true, as the bottom one I've tried to describe I associate with eating somewhere like a Little Chef.

I'd expect (and I'm not saying I'm right) the top one with a higher quality breakfast.

(Incidentally the top one there is Clonakilty Black Pudding. My personal favourite)

Hey what would I know ......huh......huh

Probably more than me on the matter :D

You're probably right, I was just saying in my head it's possibly the opposite

Could you do it? Or possibly more importantly, would you want to? (And yes I'm talking about the breakfast before any cheeky chappies start)

article-1315820670527-0DD7BA1600000578-4

http://www.studentbeans.com/worldweirdweb/a/wins/man-eats-worlds-biggest-fry-up1720.html'>http://www.studentbeans.com/worldweirdweb/a/wins/man-eats-worlds-biggest-fry-up1720.html

English Breakfast lover scoffs 7,500 calories in one sitting...

Steven Magee has gone where no other man has gone before and cleaned off his plate of breakfast at the Hungry Horse cafe in Corby, Northamptonshire.

'So what? He finished his breakfast, that's nothing new', we hear you cry. Oh, but it is. Over 60 customers have attempted to finish The Big One, which contains three times the recommended daily calorie intake for an average man.

The 29-year-old polished off three sausages, three burgers, three fried eggs, three rashers of bacon, three slices of black pudding, three square sausages, three portions of beans, three portions of mushrooms, three waffles, some tomatoes, hash browns and what appears to be a loaf of bread - some toasted, some not. You know, because variety is what this meal was lacking.

Steven, who finished the morning with an extra THREE KILOS in his belly, was given the breakfast for free, as recognition for his accomplishment. We're certainly impressed and, weirdly, a little bit hungry.

I see your "Big One" and raise you

The Child's Breakfast (because it weighs the same as a child)

4DZJS.jpg

I reckon I could give either a really really good go.

• Like 2

Yeah imagine eating everything in the middle, and then realising you had a loaf of bread to eat too!

Also, it amuses me that quite often I'll have a 3egg omelette as my whole evening meal.

Look how much of that breakfast is made up of an omelette :)

There's a place on the Stratford Road called 'Crust' that does food challenges and one of them's a breakfast

http://ilovecrust.com/home.php

manvcrust.png

I'm fairly confident I could do all of those.

There's a 72 oz steak challenge on the COv road near me (I forget the name of it, some Piri Piri place) and I'm sure I could do that too.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â