General Chat

AVFCLaura

Black pudding or no black pudding with a fry?

I think it's horrid, myself.

Oh yes (provided it's good BP). And I'll take the Irish option of white pudding, too.

• Like 2

Oh yes (provided it's good BP). And I'll take the Irish option of white pudding, too.

this

it has to be good black pudding and cut thinly enough so that it cooks all the way through and crisps on the outside

nothing worse than a huge thick slab of cheap black pudding, its usually drier than gandhi's flip flop

• Like 1

It's not a fry up unless it contains at least: 

*Sausage

*Bacon

*Egg

And at least one of the following: 

*Baked Beans

*Fried Mushrooms

*Grilled tomato

*Toast

And one of the following condiments:

*Tomato ketchup

*Brown sauce (HP) 

If you're doing it this way, you're not doing it right. All other ingredients are optional extras. 

Can't be just me and my Dad that eat black pudding raw sometimes? 

Anyways, perfect fry up:

3 x Sausage 

3 x Bacon

Fried egg

Beans

Mushrooms

Black pudding

Fried bread

& shit loads of HP sauce

Edited by Milfner

As a fry-up aficionado, I've long since accepted that there is no "definitive" version - the mix-and-match to individual taste is the beauty of it.

Personally I'll eat any and all of the ingredients listed above, but the proviso is that they should all be of the highest quality.

Abso-frickin-lutely

White Pudding shits all over black budding (although I still LOVE black pudding)

Edited by Stevo985

The best one I had was ın the Lake Dıstrıct a few years ago. It was at the Langdale estate and ıt was an all you can eat breakfast. It was around 15 quıd but the ıngredıents were locally sourced and excellent qualıty. Cumberland sausages wıth local bacon rashers...mmm lovelyç

I always profess my love for a fry up but I suppose I'll never truly be in the club due to my dislike of fried eggs :(

Nothıng wrong wıth scrambled eggs on a frıed breakfast.

The best one I had was ın the Lake Dıstrıct a few years ago. It was at the Langdale estate and ıt was an all you can eat breakfast. It was around 15 quıd but the ıngredıents were locally sourced and excellent qualıty. Cumberland sausages wıth local bacon rashers...mmm lovelyç

I always profess my love for a fry up but I suppose I'll never truly be in the club due to my dislike of fried eggs :(

Yeah I think I'd prefer scrambled to be honest.

Nothing wrong with fried, like. But Scrambled on a breakfast feels right to me.

When I was in Barcelona I went to a place that did American breakfasts.

I ordered the New York Bagel.

It went

bagel top

fried egg

cheese

bacon

breakfast sausage

breakfast "patty" (like a hamburger but somehow different)

bagel bottom

I don't know how accurate that is to a real american breakfast, or if there is such thing as a "new york bagel" in New York. But **** me it was absolutely delicious.

Not over keen on them either unless I smother them in sauce.  I will have ever have them on my plate if it allows me access to the Breakfast Club.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â