General Chat

Stevo985

In the garden with the sun beginning to set. I'm drinking brewdog and listening to The Eagles while browsing the internet.

Life ain't so bad.

Eagles story on BBC2 now.

Saw them in Belfast on their last tour. Just brilliant.

The Eagles seem to have come through their terminally uncool and hated by hipsters phase to be OK again. 

I always liked them, but less so after Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner left. Joe Walsh is great, but he doesn't belong in The Eagles. 

Have to say that if I hear hotel California I have to change radio stations

Probably a victim if its own success as much as anything and familiarity but God its a boring track

• Like 1

The Eagles seem to have come through their terminally uncool and hated by hipsters phase to be OK again. 

I always liked them, but less so after Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner left. Joe Walsh is great, but he doesn't belong in The Eagles.

I'm a huge fan of Joe Walsh, and a reasonable fan of Don Henley and Don Felder as solo artists.

...But I cannot stand The Eagles.

Have to say that if I hear hotel California I have to change radio stations

Probably a victim if its own success as much as anything and familiarity but God its a boring track

It's the type of music I really didn't like when I was a younger. Thoroughly opposed to it in my own inverted snobbery way.

Having said that, it did form part of my 'special library' of three records I kept to hand for entertaining the ladies once I got them back to my penthouse bachelor complex. Well, my bedroom in my parents house actually.

The three records, Eagles, Wham! and Holst - Planet Suite. I figured slipping one of those babies on would show the ladies I wasn't all ska but had hidden intellectual depths. This would get me the deep intellectual and spiritual connection I so craved as a teenager.

• Like 1

Â