General Chat

AVFCLaura

I'll happily drive either, but I prefer driving manual. 

(BTW, I didn't learn to drive until I was 33). 

Edited by mjmooney

The Irish international team is staying at the hotel where I have my wedding on sat!

Bin dunne

Saw him today actually. I'll tell you one thing he's not, and that's fat

Saw him in Selfridges last year and thought the same. Surprisingly gangly actually.

Thought the same thing when I saw Heskey once actually.

Ugh. I'm 22. I should not wake up with an absolutely bolloxed back each morning.

Lost weight, exercise, all the rest of it. Still aching.

Might just devour painkillers, grow a beard and change my name to House.

Pilates/yoga is your answer. (If you can carry off the lycra  :blink: )

But why do we bother with biting point and clutch etc, when it's not necessary.  Seems to have been phased out in a lot of countries.

If I had my way everyone would drive using a PS3 pad.

Think of the man points you'll lose if you don't learn to drive a manual. It's like learning to ride a bike but with one stabiliser still on. 

Ugh. I'm 22. I should not wake up with an absolutely bolloxed back each morning.

Did yoga for a while. Helped a bit. Don't have time for that & a run in the morning, though. May do alternate days.

The KFC in New Street Station is top notch

Can't eat KFC anymore.

Killer Joe.

Huh?

It's a film.

A brilliant one at that.

But you'll never look at a chicken drumstick the same way.

Did yoga for a while. Helped a bit. Don't have time for that & a run in the morning, though. May do alternate days.

I'm no expert but the running might be exacerbating the issue if the back problem is compression-related.

I'm no expert but the running might be exacerbating the issue if the back problem is compression-related.

Hate to tell ya bro but ...................its Aids 

The KFC in New Street Station is top notch

Can't eat KFC anymore.

Killer Joe.

KFC's shit anyway, judging by the taste of the food they serve here.

I'll happily drive either, but I prefer driving manual.

Don't know why. I'm baffled.

Hard to say. I guess it's because I learned on a manual, and it was the only driving I knew - it was several years before I first drove an auto. It was in the USA,and - while it was easy enough - I found that on twisty climbing roads it always changed down moments later than I would have done. Made me think it was wasting fuel. I know you've got the kick-down thing, but... dunno. 

Driving manual just feels like normal driving, it's second nature. In an auto my left hand and foot are redundant, and it feels odd.

Having said that, I do tend to still choose auto in a left-hand drive hire car, as I find changing gear with my right hand feels really counter-intuitive, and takes me ages to get used to. 

Have to drive an automatic in Canada as that's what the wife knows how to drive, but absolutely hate it. You're at the mercy of the transmission when it comes to shifting (which is ALWAYS too late), and despite what some say about the "lack of control" thing being a myth, it's absolutely not. If you haven't got the ability to shift up and down when you choose, you have less control - particularly in adverse weather conditions

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â