General Chat

AVFCLaura

Group of blokes on internet forum trying to impress female poster results in massive ruck shocker.

She gives as good as she gets and is clearly able to stand up for herself, but I'd agree some of the stuff has gone too far.

I also agree with those who don't approve of the direction - if I want to watch a bunch of blokes make a crap job of chasing a vaguely fit bird I can go to any local watering hole at anytime after 7pm.

• Like 1

Group of blokes on internet forum trying to impress female poster results in massive ruck shocker.

She gives as good as she gets and is clearly able to stand up for herself, but I'd agree some of the stuff has gone too far.

I also agree with those who don't approve of the direction - if I want to watch a bunch of blokes make a crap job of chasing a vaguely fit bird I can go to any local watering hole at anytime after 7pm.

Massive ruck? I don't see anybody rucking. 

With regards to the Rogues Gallery, yeah that went too far. With most of the light-hearted stuff, she does give as good as she gets, but sexual stuff (which she doesn't indulge in) is a bit far. I posted a joke in there that wasn't really in reference to her in particular but I apologise to anyone who was offended by it. Calling someone a 'two-faced bastard' for no real reason is particularly pathetic though. Especially considering you're a massive hypocrite. The stuff that went on in Rogues Gallery was no worse than telling her you'd 'smash the shit out of her'.

I think focussing on one person when numerous people were saying the same thing was absolutely pathetic as well.

As I said, she seems to give as good as she gets.

Other posters not liking the "direction" is a separate point, imo. That's fair enough. I don't really have a problem with it but I can see why people would

Edit: hang on... wasn't it you that posted telling Jenny you would "smash the shit" out of her?

That I accept some of the blame for starting things rolling is neither here nor there regards my point. 

Yet you clearly say 'some of you' and don't include yourself. I will come and be open with what I said on Twitter that you jumped on and attacked me for. I was making reference to the fact that I don't have a thing for a Jenny and I joke around on here pretending I do. The reason I don't have a thing for Jenny is because she's not my type (posted on Twitter), that I didn't find her attractive (again, completely open and honest and in my initial tweet) and then I gave my reasoning for this because she's a bit old for me (no offence Jenny :P). Now, I don't think she'd give a shit about my opinion. Obviously I'm wrong because she had incredibly good looking boyfriends and Russell Crowe has tried to woo her, and for gods sake, she's an international athlete. Maybe I was blunt with my opinion, but I didn't even think about it. It was a discussion between us lot on Twitter. Not a debate in the House of Commons. To jump on your high horse and say 'she can't defend herself' is ridiculous. I bet you've had discussions with friends about girls you find attractive or not, yet they weren't here to defend themselves! Or you've had an open discussion on here in the public domain about celebrities you find and don't find attractive. But according to you, you can't do that because they can't defend themselves.

The discussion that was had on Twitter was nothing out of the ordinary that a normal group of lads would have down the pub. But no, you used that to get a massive moral hard on and to talk down to people and manipulate a fairly innocuous conversation (that didn't even include you) into a massive shitstorm. Completely unnecessary and your passive aggressive twisting of the situation has put a massive downer on my day. You were rude, unnecessary and have seemingly obvious self-confidence issues if you get your kicks from getting into arguments on Twitter and putting people down.

Oh, and finally, you said at the start of all this, 'you guys need to get out more', yet you spent 3/4 hours focussed on 1 Twitter conversation to make yourself look better. Que Sara.

EDIT: I don't even think it's a case of trying to impress her. Obviously none of us have a chance. It's just a bit of a laugh. It is for me anyway and that's why I make sure I personally don't go too far.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Making somebody feel tiny, personally attacking them and antagonising somebody to the point of real anger is not 'debating'.

You're a massive hypocrite and you can't even deny it.

Making somebody feel tiny, personally attacking them and antagonising somebody to the point of real anger is not 'debating'.

You're a massive hypocrite and you can't even deny it.

Don't be so bloody precious. Seriously. How in god's name are you going to survive the classroom with an attitude like that. 

I'm not the person who brought an off site argument here. I was perfectly happy to let it stay on Twitter.

Wasn't my intention. My concern here is the atmosphere on VT of late. 

Don't be so precious? If we're talking about over-sensitivity, you're the individual who waded into a light-hearted discussion which you weren't even a part of and proceeded to wreck havoc. You also picked on me, when everybody else was making remarks as well. Reasing through the tweets, at least 3 people made stronger worded remarks than me. Yet you focussed all your attention on belittling me. Why? Any reason for that? So you can't really talk about being 'precious'. And you did call me a two-faced bastard which is quite a strong insult. I'm not two-faced at all. I've posted everything I said out there in the open so everyone is open to judge me.

And I've survived in the classroom for the last 5 years. Thanks for the concern though :)

Edited by StefanAVFC

You'll see that a situation that didn't need to escalate, escalated to ridiculous levels for no real reason. You'll see one person focussing on one individual for a personal attack when numerous people were making remarks. I 'get' everything else, but I don't understand why you attacked me when 1) Walmsley said EXACTLY the same thing 2) Another person said a far stronger comment 

Like I said Stefan, I've made my point and I'm done. If you wish to continue this on twitter or face to face then fine. Otherwise, thank you for your input.

I just want to know why you only attacked me, then I'm done. It's a bit convenient that we have to end this on your terms. It's fine, I get it. Massage and the ego and all that.

Face to face? lol

Edited by StefanAVFC

Wasn't my intention. My concern here is the atmosphere on VT of late. 

Was going to post something similar yesterday, the pointer hovered over submit without clicking

It's certainly made for compulsive, if occasionally uncomfortable, reading.

I've already agreed that the Jenny stuff has gone too far. I even made that out in the Rogues Gallery thread with a gif after the graphic remarks about sex. Yet I'm the worse one and a two-faced bastard? Right. I've made one remark towards Jenny that could be classed as too far, yet it wasn't really aimed at her. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â