General Chat

AVFCLaura

But on that note, I know a girl who works for Exxon, and their PCs actually work for 28 minutes and are then disabled for 2 minutes to force them to have a break.

When I finally did stand up to get lunch I felt really weird and had the sensation of shadowy numbers running past my eyes and couldn't stop thinking about calculations and formulae while I east lunch.

You are the one, Chindie...

TheMatrixWallpaper1024.jpg

http://www.hark.com/clips/djnhzkzlqh-you-are-the-one-neo

Edited by AVFCforever1991

But on that note, I know a girl who works for Exxon, and their PCs actually work for 28 minutes and are then disabled for 2 minutes to force them to have a break.

Really? That is genius - presumably by disabled, not powered down (especially if you're in the middle of something important), but just 'locked out'.

I often do the same re: VT, though I do take regular 'tea breaks' to get away from the screen. Helps the sanity

Really? That is genius - presumably by disabled, not powered down (especially if you're in the middle of something important), but just 'locked out'.

I often do the same re: VT, though I do take regular 'tea breaks' to get away from the screen. Helps the sanity

Yeah they don't power down, they effectively bring up a screensaver that tells you to take a break and shows you some exercises you can do at your desk!

Exxon are obsessed with safety. She also said they're not allowed to have any hot drinks that don't have a lid, everyone has to reverse into parking spaces, and they get £60 a month to promote safety. So if she sees someone doing anything unsafe, she's obliged to stop them and help, and she gets paid for doing it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/02/birmingham-murder-racially-motivated-police

Birmingham murder may have been racially motivated, say police

Detectives appeal for witnesses after Mohammed Saleem, 75, was stabbed to death as he returned home from local mosque

A 75-year-old man stabbed to death yards from his home may have been targeted in a racially motivated attack, according to police.

Mohammed Saleem, who used a walking stick, was stabbed three times in the back as he returned home from prayers at his local mosque in Small Heath, Birmingham, on Monday night.

The blows were struck with such violence they penetrated to the front of his body.

The father of seven also had no defensive wounds in what has been described as a swift, vicious and cowardly attack by the man leading the murder investigation, Detective Superintendent Mark Payne of West Midlands police.

Officers want to trace a white man, aged 25-32, of medium height and build, spotted on CCTV footage running near the scene of the attack around the time it happened, just before 10.30pm.

Police also want to trace a seven-seat people carrier captured on CCTV, driving near the mosque with the two male occupants, both white and in their 30s, who are considered "significant witnesses".

In an emotional family appeal on Thursday, two of Saleem's daughters, Shazia Khan, 45, and Nazia Maqsood, 44, called for the attackers to hand themselves in. They tearfully described their father as a "widely respected member of the community" and "much-loved".

Payne said the possibility it was a racially motivated attack was "a significant line of inquiry" and a large number of detectives were working on the case. "To the attacker I say we will find you and we will bring you to justice," he added.

Khan, who lives in London, said she believed it was "a premeditated brutal attack, pre-planned, intended to kill".

She said: "I cannot see him having any enemies being so full of hate to do this to him. He was an old man – that's what he was. He had no other agenda in his life, it's unacceptable and we just cannot believe an attack like this would happen to him. We just cannot understand it.

"We have to walk past where he was killed and we can visualise it – we have to live with that for the rest of our lives."

Describing her father, Khan said he had worked with youths at the mosque and "was a really good role model and had a great sense of humour, very tongue in cheek". She said people from all walks of life had been paying their condolences.

Khan also had a message for her father's killers: "We don't know who carried out the attack – all we can say is you will be caught and you will be punished and justice will be done, legally.

"I hope they come forward. I hope that anyone who knows this man [seen in Wyndcliffe Road] or the driver in the car, there may be mobile phone videos made of the killing – we don't know. If there's any information people are sharing, every little bit of information is vital that will help catch the killer.

"It is unusual for someone of that description to be in that area. It may not be linked, we don't know, but every avenue has to be covered. We have to all pull together and get justice for my father and anybody else, because this could happen again."

Send 'em all home .....

The world is one large big brother, sadly, we will never all get along. Its just a shame that often the reason is put down to skin colour or religion rather than just being a plain good old fashioned knob head. 

• Like 2

Yeah they don't power down, they effectively bring up a screensaver that tells you to take a break and shows you some exercises you can do at your desk!

Exxon are obsessed with safety. She also said they're not allowed to have any hot drinks that don't have a lid, everyone has to reverse into parking spaces, and they get £60 a month to promote safety. So if she sees someone doing anything unsafe, she's obliged to stop them and help, and she gets paid for doing it.

one of my clients is a large Multi National  .... when I visit them above the urinals they have a "what colour is your Urine" chart that tells you if you are dehydrated or not and gives advice on drinking water regularly through the day 

WTF !!

Some Dutch hacker arrested in Spain this week  .. he claimed diplomatic immunity when the rozzers tried to arrest him  :)

"He said he was the telecommunications minister and foreign minister of a place called the Cyberbunker Republic. He didn't seem to be joking."

one of my clients is a large Multi National  .... when I visit them above the urinals they have a "what colour is your Urine" chart that tells you if you are dehydrated or not and gives advice on drinking water regularly through the day 

WTF !!

Yeah they have those at Severn Trent (I temped there for a while a good few years ago)

Bit weird.

WTF !!

Yep we have those as well in jolly Local Government...... so yes boys, you are paying me to compare my piss.  

WTF !!

The toilet at my military camp just outside my office had one of those as well.

Edited by legov

I think everyone needs to leave our Jenny the **** alone now to be fair. It's gone beyond playful banter and some of you, especially one particular two faced bastard, are clearly "taking the piss".

Give us all a break, you're doing my nut in.

• Like 1

I think everyone needs to leave our Jenny the **** alone now to be fair. It's gone beyond playful banter and some of you, especially one particular two faced bastard, are clearly "taking the piss".

Give us all a break, you're doing my nut in.

She gives as good as she gets, imo. Leave 'em to it.

She can leave or report any abusive posts if she thinks people have gone too far.

• Like 1

I would say as well Mrs BOF that although Jenny does indeed have a choice, nobody should be made to feel uncomfortable to the point they have to either speak up or leave, that's not cricket. I'm sure Jenny has a voice of her own yes, I'm not disputing that. She's also clearly up for a flirt and a bit of banter too. That's really not my point.

• Like 1

As I said, she seems to give as good as she gets.

Other posters not liking the "direction" is a separate point, imo. That's fair enough. I don't really have a problem with it but I can see why people would

Edit: hang on... wasn't it you that posted telling Jenny you would "smash the shit" out of her?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

As I said, she seems to give as good as she gets.

Other posters not liking the "direction" is a separate point, imo. That's fair enough. I don't really have a problem with it but I can see why people would

Edit: hang on... wasn't it you that posted telling Jenny you would "smash the shit" out of her?

Aye, it was. No defence. 

That I accept some of the blame for starting things rolling is neither here nor there regards my point. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â