General Chat

AVFCLaura

Anyone gone storm chasing and seen a Tornado? Yes people i'm very much aware of the devastating news from America but i'm just interested to know about your experiences.

A few months after I moved away, but...

Just awesome man, awesome. :clap:

Anyone gone storm chasing and seen a Tornado? Yes people i'm very much aware of the devastating news from America but i'm just interested to know about your experiences.

A few months after I moved away, but...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR... CENTRAL FRANKLIN COUNTY IN WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS...

* UNTIL 545 PM EDT

* AT 500 PM EDT... DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR PLAINFIELD... OR 14 MILES WEST OF GREENFIELD... AND WAS MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... GREENFIELD... DEERFIELD... SHELBURNE... BUCKLAND... ASHFIELD... HAWLEY... CONWAY... MONTAGUE... WENDELL... ERVING AND GILL.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TAKE COVER NOW! DO NOT WAIT TO SEE THE TORNADO. GO TO A BASEMENT OR INTERIOR ROOM ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF A STURDY BUILDING... AWAY FROM WINDOWS. IF IN A VEHICLE... A MOBILE HOME OR OUTDOORS... GET TO THE CLOSEST SHELTER. PROTECT YOURSELF FROM FLYING DEBRIS.

**** this shit, I'm going chasing!

GP appointment tomorrow before work, bricking it if I'm honest. Weirdly though, since talking to you motly lot last week, I've actually felt a whole lot better ever since. Go VT power!

• Like 2

I sat down at work today at 8.25 and then didn't stand up again, or even particularly move, until 2.15. I spent that entire time doing a claims analysis on Excel. When I finally did stand up to get lunch I felt really weird and had the sensation of shadowy numbers running past my eyes and couldn't stop thinking about calculations and formulae while I east lunch.

I don't think nearly 6 solid hours sat with Excel is good for you.

I sat down at work today at 8.25 and then didn't stand up again, or even particularly move, until 2.15. I spent that entire time doing a claims analysis on Excel. When I finally did stand up to get lunch I felt really weird and had the sensation of shadowy numbers running past my eyes and couldn't stop thinking about calculations and formulae while I east lunch.

I get a similar sort of thing when i'm coding for a long period. Still seeing div tags dancing around my eyes a few hours later is very disconcerting.

Welcome to my life.

• Like 1

Welcome to my life.

Taking regular break is the answer, and is also what your company should be encouraging/enforcing. Doing what you've done is bad for your health/eyes.

You're 'supposed' to take a 5 minute break from your pc every hour, or something like that.

Welcome to my life.

Taking regular break is the answer, and is also what your company should be encouraging/enforcing. Doing what you've done is bad for your health/eyes.

You're 'supposed' to take a 5 minute break from your pc every hour, or something like that.

I take regular breaks.

But I spend them on VT :D

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â