General Chat

AVFCLaura

Quick Q for car type guys....I got a second hand bora tdi from a garage with a 6 month engine and gearbox warranty ...i`m 4 months into it ..starting to notice a good puff of blue smoke on startup from over night ,,,,is this normal and am I covered to take it back in 

Cheers

Quagmire :D

If all of the non-sikhs turn up in turbans and I rock up in a hat, I'm gonna look an idiot.

Not if you rock up in THE hat.

Quick Q for car type guys....I got a second hand bora tdi from a garage with a 6 month engine and gearbox warranty ...i`m 4 months into it ..starting to notice a good puff of blue smoke on startup from over night ,,,,is this normal and am I covered to take it back in 

Cheers

Quagmire :D

Is it burning oil? Have you dipped it and is it losing oil and you're having to top it up? Blue smoke is never good. In diesels blue smoke usually means burning oil i.e. seals might be wearing out. Bring it in to them and get it checked or it'll be costly in the long run. Also a quick google suggests they might even try putting an additive in your oil that swells the seals and temporarily 'fixes' the blue smoke - until around about the time your warranty expires :)

If all of the non-sikhs turn up in turbans and I rock up in a hat, I'm gonna look an idiot.

Not if you rock up in THE hat.

Oh sheeeeeeiiiiiiiit

I never even thought of that!

Well that's that settled then

Noticing a trend on new cars not including a spare wheel at all !!!

What's the reason for that.decreased weight so better fuel economy?

Not at all, the spare is cheaper, it is just that, a proper spare tyre has become an optional extra. Ford go one step further with the Galaxy, no spare at all, they just give you a can of tyre weld foam

Got a puncture today. My replacement wheel was a joke. And then I had to pay £72 for a new one!

Was the puncture in the side wall? If not why didn't you just get it repaired?

Go get a second hand one next time. I pay less than £17 a tyre on my Galaxy buying new tyres is daft.

New tyre on my car £130 for a "top brand" a part worn with about 3-4mm of tread on costs less than £20 and lasts me a good few months of heavy use

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â