General Chat

AVFCLaura

Longest serving football manager announces his retirement

English football's longest-serving manager is to retire at the end of the season from the club he formed with a group of friends 50 years ago.

Jimmy Davies, 71, is stepping down as boss of Waterloo Dock AFC, in the Liverpool County Premier League.

Mr Davies, who first took charge in 1963, said he had enjoyed managing "tremendously".

He added that life in the grassroots game had been "proper football".

Mr Davies's claim to be the longest-serving manager in England has been verified by The Football Association

• Like 1

Apparently my exam wet okay according to somebody in the crowd (it was a conducting exam), but I'm still ill  <_<

I thought the drivers sorted all the tickets these days?

Apparently my exam wet okay according to somebody in the crowd (it was a conducting exam), but I'm still ill  <_<

I thought the drivers sorted all the tickets these days?

Nah, it was an exam on which metals are the best for wiring ;)

Mongolian? 

I only found out the other day that is the genuine origin of the offensive term "mongol" relating to somebody with downs syndrome. Allegedly because they share similar facial features to those of Mongolian descent. 

I do use "mong" a fair bit. I'll probably think twice now. 

I thought we used to have a history thread? I couldn't find it... Anyway, I've been looking through my Dutch grandfather's thing and I have here his diary of the last few days of the war. I do have a typed out version which is great as I cannot read his handwriting! Just needs translating.

WP_20130518_003.jpg

Also, this magazine type of publication that was given to the German soldiers at Christmas in 1943

WP_20130518_001.jpg

WP_20130518_002.jpg

Also needs translating.

I thought there might be some here interested after the topic of World War 2 was brought up in another thread.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â