General Chat

AVFCLaura

Davidoff Adventure is really, really nice. Very masculine

It's perfume.

Perfume for men, yep. I'm sure you splashed on the Brut when you were a lad and at no point did the fact that it smelled 'nice' cross your mind.

We've done this one, but no, never did. My mother-in-law used to buy me aftershave for Christmas every year until one year she noticed all the still sealed bottles in our bathroom and got the message. 

Perfume is for women. Men should smell of (clean) men. Unscented soap FTW. I have to admire the cunning of the marketing industry though in thinking up the word "aftershave". 

This

I have never bought or owned aftershave, if I have ever acquired any it gets given to me dad

If match of the day was more like this it would be great 

I really thought the one guy was asleep until the very end.

I feel strangely sad that BBC Television Centre is closing.

Not surprising though, it's **** miles from anywhere.

Nonsense! It was dead handy for QPR!

Anyway, watch this.  

This is awesome.  Mirror focuses sunlight to a point.  The point burns stuff. 

FPajJ0p.jpg caETf0x.jpg

So they have decided to point a lot of mirrors at a tower.  In the tower is molten salt, the molten salt heats water, the water turns a turbine, the turbine makes electricity.  The two outside of Seville in Spain (where the pictures are from) are coming online now.  They can produce enough power for 200,000 homes.  That is kinda awesome isn't it?

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

Brilliant, astonsihing, complex and amazing yet relatively ingenius and straight forward (in theory at least). I realise that sounds like im diminishing the feat which im not. Honest.

Bringing two threads together in GC:

My wife wants us to retire somewhere sunny. For me, the thought of being homesick would outweigh anything as trivial as weather.

1. The Summers don't get any better.

2. Boris as PM.

Either of these coming to pass would bother bother me.

Both of these coming to pass?

Time to go, or hire the services of a decent assassin - or both, but go first.

:ph34r:

Bringing two threads together in GC:

My wife wants us to retire somewhere sunny. For me, the thought of being homesick would outweigh anything as trivial as weather.

1. The Summers don't get any better.

2. Boris as PM.

Either of these coming to pass would bother bother me.

Both of these coming to pass?

Time to go, or hire the services of a decent assassin - or both, but go first.

:ph34r:

Following his interview with Eddie Mair, I don't think we need to worry about that.

I got some serious post wedding/honeymoon blues. 

Married in Vegas on the 5th with 16 close friends and family, it was so much fun.

Then honeymooned in Chicago, Toronto and New York, all great towns (although I preferred Chicago and Toronto to New York) and had the best holiday I'll ever have.

And then I get back Friday Morning and this country is shit and is full of shirty little arseholes and I want to go back.

I have friends and family of course, but it's depressing knowing that for 2 years of planning and looking forward to something as much as we have, it's all over and is behind us forever and it'll never happen again..

I know I have to look forward to other things, but it was so good, and it was so recent, that I'm just hating anything else at the moment. :( 

Married in Vegas on the 5th with 16 close friends and family, it was so much fun.

Then honeymooned in Chicago, Toronto and New York, all great towns (although I preferred Chicago and Toronto to New York) and had the best holiday I'll ever have.

And then I get back Friday Morning and this country is shit and is full of shirty little arseholes and I want to go back.

I have friends and family of course, but it's depressing knowing that for 2 years of planning and looking forward to something as much as we have, it's all over and is behind us forever and it'll never happen again..

I know I have to look forward to other things, but it was so good, and it was so recent, that I'm just hating anything else at the moment. :(

I get why you're down. And that just takes time to get over. But why can't you ever do it again? Or at least vacation to ONE of those places again? 

sounds like you need to become a mormon, you can have multiple wives so you can replicate your wedding every week if you want to.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â