General Chat

AVFCLaura

BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall has been sentenced to 15 months in jail for sexually abusing girls.

Hall, 83, of Wilmslow, Cheshire, admitted 14 offences that occurred between 1967 and 1985.

One of the girls was nine years old when Hall assaulted her, Preston Crown Court heard.

Judge Anthony Russell QC said Hall had a "darker side" and took advantage of his "status as a well-liked celebrity".

The BBC said it was "appalled" that some of Hall's crimes took place in connection with his work at the corporation.

The ex-BBC Radio 5 live summariser and It's A Knockout host initially insisted the allegations were "pernicious, callous, cruel and above all spurious".

His barrister Crispin Aylett, in mitigation, told the court the former broadcaster had "all of 13" victims compared to Jimmy Savile's 1,300.

BBC

If that was the best my lawyer could come up with, I'd sack him!

I suppose that's the equivalent of the 'casual user' defence for druggies.

BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall has been sentenced to 15 months in jail for sexually abusing girls.

Hall, 83, of Wilmslow, Cheshire, admitted 14 offences that occurred between 1967 and 1985.

One of the girls was nine years old when Hall assaulted her, Preston Crown Court heard.

Judge Anthony Russell QC said Hall had a "darker side" and took advantage of his "status as a well-liked celebrity".

The BBC said it was "appalled" that some of Hall's crimes took place in connection with his work at the corporation.

The ex-BBC Radio 5 live summariser and It's A Knockout host initially insisted the allegations were "pernicious, callous, cruel and above all spurious".

His barrister Crispin Aylett, in mitigation, told the court the former broadcaster had "all of 13" victims compared to Jimmy Savile's 1,300.

BBC

They're bringing up something that happened 40, 50 years ago? Wtf?

BBC

So we should just forget about it, move on?

BBC

So we should just forget about it, move on?

Not at all, just pissed that it took so long for him to be convicted.

Hall should have got a lot lot longer

one of the girls was 9 FFS

Just heard about that. He was a dinner guest at the parents' home. He assaulted the girl while reading her a bedtime story.

I've done that, I got bored of it. Being drunk is not my idea of a fun time. 

I don't get drunk anymore. A few pints to kill the nerves and I'm done. I talk absolute shite all evening (more than usual, yes) as a result but that's to be expected.

But I share the feelings towards 'nights out'. Clubs and all that are incredibly dull, and they're also full of rocket polishers.

I would have done. Seriously.

It can be risky interfering in other peoples' domestics, but I've done it before.

I got involved once I had been in the pub watching the football and I was waiting for the bus to go home and I saw some bird all crouched up whilst some bloke was slapping and punching her in the back of her head, I went over told the bloke to **** off which he did, when the bird looked up at me her eyes were like saucepans she was obviously pilling out of her head.

She got up and walked straight out in front of a bus so I pulled her back and after about 1/2 hour of trying to help her I waived a police car down to try and get them to help...that should have been the end of it but oh no, the police done a thorough search of me and accused me of giving her the drugs (the fact she told them I was her boyfriend didn't help matters when I tried to deny ever having met her before)

Anyway she pissed herself hit a copper and got arrested, poor bird was probably cursing me the following day after waking up in a cell with damp jeans lol, if I would have left them to it he would have probably give her a few slaps then took her home

Edited by leemond2008

So, Sharp have launched a 90 inch tellybox. Biggest on-sale in Europe (previous was 84").

About £14000 or something silly as well isn't it?

Tempted...

You earn £100k a week? :)

Edited by legov

To anyone considering buying a huge, overpriced television - just admit to yourself you have a small cock and save yourself the money.

But if they recorded it and played it back on the telly!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â