General Chat

AVFCLaura

I'd have no problem hitting a woman if I felt physically threatened, but I've never been in that situation.

I just think I could have handled that situation without touching her and come off looking a lot better. I nearly got bottled as a result. Luckily her mates were a bunch of pansies and I fought my way out and legged it without much of a problem.

The vast majority of blokes on this planet have done something similar. Hence when I saw that ridiculous **** front page I actually felt a little sorry for Saatchi. Knowing he would be vilified from pillar to post by people who should know better, but choose not to. Now the tag line seems to be "violent confrontation" and "vicious attack" I mean, come on...

I'm not justifying what he's done there, it's bang out of order. But I'm almost certain something is being lost in translation. Either way, he's a human being and as such we make mistakes. Generally it's better to make them in private but hey, such is life. Unless its proven that this is his general demeanour then he should be afforded the same opportunity to repent as the rest of us.

Personally, the whole 'men can't hit women' thing is a load of bollocks. If a woman is physically assaulting you and you can't do anything about it, you are perfectly within your rights to defend yourself.

Stevo, you didn't do anything wrong. You didn't lamp her and what she did (before the slap) was a completely vile act. I don't know if I would have reacted the same way (who knows what you would do in the heat of the moment) but you were within your rights.

I just think some women play on it and treat you like shit. Only time I've ever hurt a girl was completely accidental. Smashed her head on a wall in a moment of, erm, passion :D

I can think of better ( and more fun ways ) to vent my passion when I am with a woman ?! :wub:

Personally, the whole 'men can't hit women' thing is a load of bollocks. If a woman is physically assaulting you and you can't do anything about it, you are perfectly within your rights to defend yourself.

Stevo, you didn't do anything wrong. You didn't lamp her and what she did (before the slap) was a completely vile act. I don't know if I would have reacted the same way (who knows what you would do in the heat of the moment) but you were within your rights.

I just think some women play on it and treat you like shit. Only time I've ever hurt a girl was completely accidental. Smashed her head on a wall in a moment of, erm, passion :D

I can think of better ( and more fun ways ) to vent my passion when I am with a woman ?! :wub:

It was more, me picking her up and throwing her and completely misjudging my throw :D

As long as you don't tell her one of your 'jokes' you'll be fine. ;)

• Like 1

thankfully never had to resort to violence towards a woman but I've seen some right gobshites in my time provoking trouble

fat drunk women with a rose tattoo on the shoulder get a wide berth from me   .. you just know they are going to be violent at some point during the night

Edited by tonyh29

So many coppers about. Vans aplenty. A few incongruous white vans with massive satellite dishes parked on some side-roads too.

You'd think someone important was in town.

I live in a cul-de-sac in a quiet village and a CCTV van drove down here and back  :detect:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â