General Chat

AVFCLaura

Just noticed my signature has been edited by the mods. All in jest obviously and I think its funny BUT I never knew they could do that? Is it even allowed?

I feel strangely violated. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Nope not at all. I would as well.

Sad thing is though not one person went over to Saatchi and told him to stop being such a word removed. Instead, they stand there taking **** pictures of the poor cow.

Human beings are rubbish. :(

I would have done. Seriously.

It can be risky interfering in other peoples' domestics, but I've done it before.

Yeah, I'd definitely have to make a judgement call depending on how serious it is physically. It's a minefield going near something like that. I've seen where they both turn on the attempted-peacekeeper. 9 out of 10 times it's best to just stay away. But if digs start flying, then it crosses over into a regular public scrap to be broken up.

It can be risky interfering in other peoples' domestics, but I've done it before.

Yeah, I'd definitely have to make a judgement call depending on how serious it is physically. It's a minefield going near something like that. I've seen where they both turn on the attempted-peacekeeper. 9 out of 10 times it's best to just stay away. But if digs start flying, then it crosses over into a regular public scrap to be broken up.

I've probably done this story before, but...

One very late Saturday night in Birmingham many years ago, I was waiting for the all-night bus home, with a very drunk couple at the same stop, nobody else about. They were having a row, and he got more and more aggressive and started hitting her. At this point I stepped in and told him to quit. He got very stroppy with me, but I faced him down, and he wandered off. She said nothing, but ten minutes later she went and found him and they were all lovey-dovey. Ho hum.

Anyway, the next day I was telling my mum about this, and she told me about when HER dad (so it was a VERY long time ago) did something similar, and both parties turned on him, and ended up putting him in hospital.

As you say, a minefield.

But I don't regret what I did, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I turned a blind eye.

I would probably go about it a different way.

I'm a tad cowardly when it comes to domestics. In Turkey in the more conservative suburbs I've seen husbands turn on their wives. Many men turn their back because they think it's the woman's fault, SHE's done something to piss the husband so therefore she must be punished. Seriously that's how some people think over here.

I would probably go about it a different way.

I'm a tad cowardly when it comes to domestics. In Turkey in the more conservative suburbs I've seen husbands turn on their wives. Many men turn their back because they think it's the woman's fault, SHE's done something to piss the husband so therefore she must be punished. Seriously that's how some people think over here.

Not surprised at all. Remember the Delhi rape case?

I've probably done this story before, but...

One very late Saturday night in Birmingham many years ago, I was waiting for the all-night bus home, with a very drunk couple at the same stop, nobody else about. They were having a row, and he got more and more aggressive and started hitting her. At this point I stepped in and told him to quit. He got very stroppy with me, but I faced him down, and he wandered off. She said nothing, but ten minutes later she went and found him and they were all lovey-dovey. Ho hum.

Anyway, the next day I was telling my mum about this, and she told me about when HER dad (so it was a VERY long time ago) did something similar, and both parties turned on him, and ended up putting him in hospital.

As you say, a minefield.

But I don't regret what I did, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I turned a blind eye.

I wonder what I would do in a situation like that, all 5ft7 of me.

Before the confessions thread got a bit warped I was going to tell of the time I got into and argument with my ex after a cocktail session and pushed her in the street, she went over...

She had been physical herself a few times in the past, had a bit of a temper on her. Maybe she had reared up that night and I reacted, I really can't remember beyond the moment I raised my hands to her. Call me old fashioned but I'm a man, more of a man now than I was then but still. Women are women, those traditional protector/protected roles should always apply... I learned my lesson alright. Trust eroded, it was the beginning of the end of our relationship. I lost my first and only true love, my best friend, sank into a deep depression and lost about two years of my life because of that one, stupid moment of over aggression.

There were many people about, nobody did a thing. Ultimately it didn't matter, it wouldn't have made a difference either way. The outcome would have been the same.

Would I step in though? Hell yeah. All 5 foot 6 of me. But I won't be kidding myself that I'm making a difference.

I half hit a girl once. 

Not proud of it and regretted it immediately.

I was in Snobs, dancefloor was packed and people were getting arsey over pushing and shoving.

I had my back to this group and they were gradually pushing into us. I didn't do anything other than stand still as opposed to let them push me.

But they seemed to take offence to this.

Anyway, after a while I felt a sharp poke in my back and as I turned around this girl spat her drink in my face and slapped me full on in the chops.

It was more instinct than anything put I just pushed her, I guess, in the face away from me. Wasn't a punch, or even a slap, just a push. But I immediately regretted it, and her mates, understandably so, I would have done the same, started laying into me.

So yeah, not proud of it, but it happened.

I've never hit one.  I did punch through some drywall after a particulaly infuriating encounter though.  That felt good.  And manly.  Grrrr.

I half hit a girl once. 

Not proud of it and regretted it immediately.

I was in Snobs, dancefloor was packed and people were getting arsey over pushing and shoving.

I had my back to this group and they were gradually pushing into us. I didn't do anything other than stand still as opposed to let them push me.

But they seemed to take offence to this.

Anyway, after a while I felt a sharp poke in my back and as I turned around this girl spat her drink in my face and slapped me full on in the chops.

It was more instinct than anything put I just pushed her, I guess, in the face away from me. Wasn't a punch, or even a slap, just a push. But I immediately regretted it, and her mates, understandably so, I would have done the same, started laying into me.

So yeah, not proud of it, but it happened.

She deserved more. Spitting in someone's face, and a slap to top it off, deserves a punch whoever it is.

Personally, the whole 'men can't hit women' thing is a load of bollocks. If a woman is physically assaulting you and you can't do anything about it, you are perfectly within your rights to defend yourself.

Stevo, you didn't do anything wrong. You didn't lamp her and what she did (before the slap) was a completely vile act. I don't know if I would have reacted the same way (who knows what you would do in the heat of the moment) but you were within your rights.

I just think some women play on it and treat you like shit. Only time I've ever hurt a girl was completely accidental. Smashed her head on a wall in a moment of, erm, passion :D

Edited by StefanAVFC

I don't think her mates were 'understandable' at all in their reaction.  If a mate of mine is behaving like an utter cock for no reason towards someone who is not in our group, I'd find a way to 'direct' him elsewhere and tell him to cop on.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â