General Chat

AVFCLaura

Thanks all.

On a lighter note (sort of) I have an "Ask the Ref" question that VT can help me with.

I got sent off in our Sunday league game yesterday.

Scenario was we were one goal down with about 90 secons to go. They had a shot (I was playing in goal) and I caught it into my chest and went down to both kness, as you do. As I did that their striker, who was a penis, deliberately fell on top of me, and held onto the ball to try and stop me getting up and playing it quickly. I shrugged him off but as I got up he held onto my legs so I gave him a swift kick, Hazard style, to get him off.

Silly thing to do. Ref blew up, lectured me (amongst the furore of everyone lse kicking off) and showed me the red card, and gave them a penalty.

I said to the ref that I wasn't disagreeing with the red card but seeing as their guy fouled me first (which the ref agreed with) that it shouldn't have been a penalty, because that happened first. (I also said their guy should have been sent off too as he was already on a yellow)
Ref disagreed with me and said it didn't matter. Penalty and I was off.

Am I right?

I think you're right Stevo but this is Sunday league football, you ned to be grateful the ref has actually watched a game of football before.

p.s. hope the old man(and lady) gets better soon.

Edited by Tamuff_Villa

Thanks Tamuff!

And yeah you're right. To be fair to him he was a better ref than we normally get (one of them GENUINELY doesn't know the rules), and he rescinded my red straight after the game (so I don't have to pay a fine).
AND they missed the penalty and the game ended so it didn't make much difference.

I'm just curious as to whether I'm right or not.

Tony Harrison is reading 'V' on Radio 4 tonight at 11. It is really worth a listen. Daily Mail famously called it a 'torrent of filth'.

V was inspired by Harrison's discovery that his parents' grave had been vandalised. He imagines an exchange with the drunken skinhead who has aerosolled graffiti on the tombstone, and ruefully reflects on society's schisms. "V", in this context, stands for "versus", an emblem of the bitter divisions of the new Thatcherite order. Even rightwing commentators such as Bernard Levin hailed it as "one of the most powerful, profound and haunting long poems of modern times … a meticulously controlled yell of rage and hope combined, a poisoned dart aimed with deadly precision at the waste of human potential."

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Tony Harrison is reading 'V' on Radio 4 tonight at 11. It is really worth a listen. Daily Mail famously called it a 'torrent of filth'.

V was inspired by Harrison's discovery that his parents' grave had been vandalised. He imagines an exchange with the drunken skinhead who has aerosolled graffiti on the tombstone, and ruefully reflects on society's schisms. "V", in this context, stands for "versus", an emblem of the bitter divisions of the new Thatcherite order. Even rightwing commentators such as Bernard Levin hailed it as "one of the most powerful, profound and haunting long poems of modern times … a meticulously controlled yell of rage and hope combined, a poisoned dart aimed with deadly precision at the waste of human potential."

I was going to post this myself, but then I thought "poetry?" "Radio 4?" "VT"? Nah, I'll just get accused of being old/elitist/lefty/boring...

Will be listening, anyway.

I noticed that 'Once Upon A Time In America' is on tonight. Not so long ago I woud've thought Yeah, I'll watch this, it'll be great. 3:40am? Pah! but no chance of that happening now, now I see 3:40am and think Jeez, that's a bit late. I think I'll record it and go to bed. Oh look, Grand Designs is on.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Preparing myself  to give my notice at work. I work for a parade of mental train wrecks who should not be in any position of authority. Only problem is it's so convenient to continue working there. But I think I've finally had enough.

Edited by maqroll

Well I think you're right but I know that you are also Esteban Alvarado and I claim my £5.

DAMN YOU MISLABELD YOU TUBE LINKS.

I was promised a goalkeeper and a streaker and I damn well want to see my fair share of shriveled male sausage swaying proudly as the keeper fills him in!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â