General Chat

AVFCLaura

I am! Just put Automatic For The People on 

Yeah I listened to it t'other day too after that.

Not gonna lie, to go against the theme of this thread, a few tracks aside I'm not that into it.

Any suggestions from anyone of a better one of theirs?

Not gonna lie, to go against the theme of this thread, a few tracks aside I'm not that into it.

Life's Rich Pageant. 

The greatest hits.

Watching a show about Colin McRae, eating morrocan couscous with pomegranate seeds and drinking some pinot grigio while wallowing in my own self pity due to my knack of falling for the wrong type of woman. Yet, I'm feeling strangely content about life. Think I might stick Ripper St on the old iPlayer in a mo.

Edited by Ingram85

REM's first Best Of is called 'Eponymous'. It goes up to 'One I Love', where they went massive.

If you don't like 'Eponymous' and don't like 'Automatic For The People' you might as well give up on REM cos that's as good as they got.

Edited by Xann

Cheers for the suggestions lads. Both best ofs and life's rich pageant are now on the list.

I do like Automatic for the People (this wasn't the first time I'd listened to it) just don't think it's amazing.

But I do have a habit of having to listen to an album a few times before I really like it.

My band are playing a gig in Birmingham tonight. But we're no REM!

Somewhere deep in the bowels of Off-Topic there was a link to a 1986 recording of my old band playing "Don't Go Back to Rockville", live.

Incidentally, I was amazed to see REM have never had a number 1 single in the UK or US.

(I know that doesn't mean a thing, but just find it strange that a band as big as them with songs as big as theirs never had one)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â