General Chat

AVFCLaura

Welsh women have the best accent in the UK. Specifically if they are from the Valleys.

They could talk me into anything, they could.

As a friend of mine so eloquently put it once (albeit about the softer Northern Irish accent) - "You just want to have sex with their mouth".

Indeed !

I'm currently enjoying the London / Kent lilt. I know I shouldn't like it but it really has grown on me.....couldn't possibly be anything to do with being on Sheppey 2 days a week.

Interesting that people from outside an area hear different things / less detail than the locals. I'd presume my description of a London / Kent accent is equally annoying to people from Sittingbourne to Croydon to East Ham.

Going to uni in Wales made me learn to find some Welsh women's accents attractive. Go too far south and it's too harsh. Goo too far north and it becomes proto Scouse.

In happy median has go all wibbly. Especially on a hot brunette.

But saying that I find most Celtic accents quite attractive. I was seeing a Stirling native for a while, and good God if she spoke in the accent long enough my head shut off and stopped listening to words and just liked the sounds, which also made me go all wibbly. Also helped she was easy on the eyes and bloody nice.

oh yeah I thought I would tell you all about my new friend as well

yesterday (about 6:00pm) I had a text message from a wrong number, I have decided this person is now my friend

the messages so far have gone like this

stranger-Boo

me-Hello

me-Who's this?

stranger-Soz put number in fone wrong

me-Hmmm I suspect you may need more practice on your telephone machine

me-Seeings how we have established that we are both experianced users of the invention that is the mobile telephone we have already found something in common. I do get lonely sometimes, do you think we can be friends?

me-I really think you are being rather hasty in turning your back on our potential friendship sometimes these things are meant to happen, a real meeting of the minds I feel. We could become soulmates...do you like dogs? I like dogs, if you like dogs then that can be another building block in our tower of friendship

me-Hello friend I trust that you are enjoying the sunshine on this beautiful day. Tis days like this I relish having people to converse with. I understand that you are a tad on the shy side but dont worry I will keep you company and share a few pleasentries with you through my mobile text message service, Ahh the joys of technology are made all the more when the sun is shining.

I am going to keep going untill the other person actually engages me in conversation or flips and starts sending me a load of abuse

thats hilarious!

to be honest, I've just had a little think

the office has female accents from Malvern, Redditch, Cardiff, Swansea, Lhaaandon, Poland, Dubai and Goa at the moment

can't say I'd turn any of them down if I was single and blind

The Irish accent varies wildly, from nice around Dun Laoghaire, to unintelligible in Galway,.

In the UK the closest rival to the Welsh is probably a softer Scottish accent, more Edinburgh than Glasgow.

Here in Boston, we get the full range of Irish accents...some very nice...some quite harsh to the ear...some unintelligible, those farm boy accents...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â