General Chat

AVFCLaura

I have just woke up and checked my bank account (it's payday)

I have been paid £100 more than I should have been

I done 10 hours overtime last month so all in all I am £200 better off

Question is though our place has a habit of **** you over if they **** up and overpay you, should I say anything or should I keep quiet and not spend it just in case they notice???

They found out they had been overpaying me for about 6 months in my last job. I kept quiet and it bit me on the arse. They deducted it all of my Christmas pay packet and was left with £60 that month.

But for a one off like this I'd keep quiet, I don't think that would be checked.

They found out they had been overpaying me for about 6 months in my last job. I kept quiet and it bit me on the arse. They deducted it all of my Christmas pay packet and was left with £60 that month.

But for a one off like this I'd keep quiet, I don't think that would be checked.

Many years ago, when I worked in a warehouse, our employers realised they'd been overpaying us. Only by a small amount, but over years it added up to a sizeable sum (I don't remember the exact figure). They were going to take it back in one go when the union intervened. In the end they had to recover it by taking back something like a penny a week until they'd got it all. Trad unions FTW. [1]

[1] I was about to correct that typo, but I decided that "trad unions" was serendipitous. [2]

[2] Serendipity: a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise"; specifically, the accident of finding something good or useful without looking for it.

:)

I have just woke up and checked my bank account (it's payday)

I have been paid £100 more than I should have been

I done 10 hours overtime last month so all in all I am £200 better off

Question is though our place has a habit of **** you over if they **** up and overpay you, should I say anything or should I keep quiet and not spend it just in case they notice???

Don't say anything. But I'd say set it aside for a couple of months in case they ask for it back.

Many years ago, when I worked in a warehouse, our employers realised they'd been overpaying us. Only by a small amount, but over years it added up to a sizeable sum (I don't remember the exact figure). They were going to take it back in one go when the union intervened. In the end they had to recover it by taking back something like a penny a week until they'd got it all. Trad unions FTW.

I suppose you'd expect them to take it back if there's several employees, I guess. It's not right though. I was hoping my boss was going to turn a blind eye to it in my case and just correct it for future payments, it was no skin off her nose.

[2] Serendipity: a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise"; specifically, the accident of finding something good or useful without looking for it.

:)

It's funny you typed that, I only found out what it meant last night. It's the nations favourite word too, apparantly.

Always next year Jenny.

On the flip side I have looked at the available pictures on the ESPN site and you are almost certainly the hottest! Well it is close between you and Jamie Anderson, she might just nick it..........errrrm whats her BBM? :winkold:

Not felt right for a while really...i wonder if i should retire now. Possibly my knees would thank me!

You were the most consistent out there...... some little yank thew together a spawny run. Tis All.

Keep going......

You can't take a break when you have sponsors, it's either do it all, or do nothing..it's like not bothering to turn up at the offfice because you don't feel like it haha.

I think i will go have a sleep then eat chicken. See if that helps!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â