General Chat

AVFCLaura

Worrying about money and this trip to Africa. 7 paychecks left before I leave @ $850 a piece.

$5,950. minus $400 (rent) x 3 more months = $4,750.

$4,750 minus $3,500 in credit card debt = $1,250

Plus I still have to pay the remainder of the deposit of the tour.

Plus a flight to Los Angeles.

Plus spending money in Africa, for 2-3 months.

Plus cost of malaria pills.

Then tons of miscellaneous stuff

:shock: :vomit: :vomit:

I'm screwed.

I have man flu. :(

I've got a really annoying cold which might knock my New Years plans on the head. Supposed to be going to my mates place in Leamington for a party but I feel naff and don't fancy travelling to some person I've never met's place on a train feeling like it.

but the ending certainly left an impression.

Too few movies these days do that. A recent movie completely changed it's ending to be sugar-coated and destroyed the book's story in the process.

Too few movies these days do that. A recent movie completely changed it's ending to be sugar-coated and destroyed the book's story in the process.

Completely agree. When I watched the movie version of Boy in the Striped Pyjamas I was hoping the makers wouldn't deviate from the book too much, and to their credit, they didn't.

Completely agree. When I watched the movie version of Boy in the Striped Pyjamas I was hoping the makers wouldn't deviate from the book too much, and to their credit, they didn't.

SPOILER

While I was watching it, as they were marching towards the room, and before I knew whether he would be rescued or not it was very thought provoking. Part of me actually wanted the nazi soldier's son to 'get it' cuz the shoe would be on the other foot and he'd experience what the jews were experiencing, and part of me obviously wanted the boy's innocence not to be punished so severely. Very interesting few minutes that was :)

I just wrote a bit of a thread on 'The decade so far' with the intention that other posters would post a list of how each of the years of the decade went for them. I got to 2004 and with 2 blank spaces so far, I realised that the decade wasn't that eventful. Here's hoping for a better one next time.

Maybe what do I want by the end of the next decade would have been a better one. Or something. Will I be on VT in ten years?

I don't necessarily avoid them and I do import the odd compilation album which makes it all the more surprising. I went looking for Purple Rain, the one song of his I can listen to.

I'm currently developing an addiction for Asda bombay mix. I love bombay mix but theres tastes different. It must be the vindaloo seasoning. F**king yum !

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â