General Chat

AVFCLaura

Ok, got it.

Any idea why she toppled over like that?

From the photos I would suggest the area that she grounded on is not level so she was already listing over to one side after she hit (like parking sideways on a hill), the water has gushed in with great force and filled the side that she was already leaning to (which would add more weight to that side) and she slowly started to topple/lean further to the point where she could not come back.

Oh man, some serious education here. Well written too.

Thanks villapark1. Fascinating stuff.

Thanks mate, only reason I know it is because I have worked in shipbuiding for nearly 20 years. Not because I am full of knowledge or a nerd or anything like that.

Ask me about history or other various subjects and I would be clueless...lol :oops:

Ok, got it.

Any idea why she toppled over like that?

She ran into Tebow.

Looks more like a coed from Georgia on a "date" with Roethlisberger, tbf.

Looks like a boys arse in a Penn State locker room to be fair .

So bored I've been working out how many days of work we have left of this year.

243 starting from tomorrow (not including 25 days holiday)

100 days of weekend / bank holiday as from Saturday 21st.

I guess it's not like pranging your bumper is it? If people die and it's the captains fault, should he ever be able to captain again?

I didn't expect anyone to actually know how to repair the thing though, so fair play, knowledge :thumb:.

What if it's not his fault, maybe down to dodgy equipment?

Sorry to quote you PV, but I think you're right. If it's his fault and people died then no he shouldn't. I think the same with drivers, if you kill someone on the road and you're clearly to blame, life time ban.

It wont come down to whether it was his fault mate, chances are he will never captain again because no company will trust him with their multi-million pound vessle. This will cost the millions of pounds to repair not to mention the money they will be losing whilst she is out of action.

Especially if they put it down to neglegance on his behalf.

Incidentally, he's being charged with manslaughter

I guess it's not like pranging your bumper is it? If people die and it's the captains fault, should he ever be able to captain again?

I didn't expect anyone to actually know how to repair the thing though, so fair play, knowledge :thumb:.

What if it's not his fault, maybe down to dodgy equipment?

Sorry to quote you PV, but I think you're right. If it's his fault and people died then no he shouldn't. I think the same with drivers, if you kill someone on the road and you're clearly to blame, life time ban.

It wont come down to whether it was his fault mate, chances are he will never captain again because no company will trust him with their multi-million pound vessle. This will cost the millions of pounds to repair not to mention the money they will be losing whilst she is out of action.

Especially if they put it down to neglegance on his behalf.

Incidentally, he's being charged with manslaughter

Yeah just seen that on the news, people have died and someone needs to be held responsable....I see he is blaming it on the equipment not picking the rocks up on the nav equipment. He will have a very hard time proving that, these vessles are equiped with some very high tech equipment.

As I said, he will never captain again, and will face charges of alot more than manslaughter I would imagine.

We were talking about this at work the other day, Florin Raducoui (sp) ?

Right, my turn. Back on night shifts this week and only managed 6 hours sleep last night. I feel wide awake now and have to be in tonight until 6am. I'm going to be ****. Somebody reassure me :(

Right, my turn. Back on night shifts this week and only managed 6 hours sleep last night. I feel wide awake now and have to be in tonight until 6am. I'm going to be ****. Somebody reassure me :(

Yes, you're definitely going to be ****.

That OK?

:D

Yep, your going to be ****! :)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â