General Chat

AVFCLaura

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Next he’ll congratulate her on her pregnancy 

That happened to my colleague at work. My other colleague asked her when the baby was due, she replied that she gave birth 6 months ago and was almost back to her normal weight lol.

• Haha 2

I put my foot in it yesterday, my mate was flying back to Jamaica for a funeral so I picked him up to take him to the airport, as I was waiting in the car park at his flat I turned around and saw his wife and baby on the balcony ready to wave him goodbye, I waved back and said 'awww, there she is...' and then remembered I'd got the wrong baby, this one's a boy and the one he has with another woman is a girl.  I'm really hoping I was far enough away that his wife didn't hear me or thought I was talking about her.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BOF said:

Probably belongs in the things that cheer you up thread, but as it's related to this ...

We all know that Americans pronounce buoy as boo-ee. But for some reason it had never dawned on me that they'd double down on that pronunciation for the word 'bouyed'. I thought maybe they'd pronounce that properly, given there's no ambiguity like the tiny bit that exists between boy and buoy, but nope, it's boo-ee-d :lol: That cheers me up.

Glad to bring a little cheer to your day!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â